Trying to purchase a 17' LT Z71. Need some advice about incentives

So long story short, I work for a Chevrolet dealership. They are only willing to sell me the truck at 17% off as they say that's as good as it gets. According to the math they have showed me 17% off is a better deal than the employee pricing plus a couple of incentives. What have guys been getting off? I really don't want to buy from a different dealership than I work for but I'm also not willing to let them give me the shaft either. I have spoke with a few dealerships who would sell one for $11k off sticker which is basically 17% off plus all of the hold back and a bit more. Not sure what to do.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You work for them and you're only getting 17% off? Pass. I'd shoot for 20% at minimum and then 22% if I worked at that same dealership.

Most stealerships offer at least 20% off of the 17s, as the 18s will be here in the fall.

So long story short, I work for a Chevrolet dealership. They are only willing to sell me the truck at 17% off as they say that's as good as it gets. According to the math they have showed me 17% off is a better deal than the employee pricing plus a couple of incentives. What have guys been getting off? I really don't want to buy from a different dealership than I work for but I'm also not willing to let them give me the shaft either. I have spoke with a few dealerships who would sell one for $11k off sticker which is basically 17% off plus all of the hold back and a bit more. Not sure what to do.

I went during truck month and they gave me 20k off msrp and the dealer gave another 5k off for their own discount...then I had a 2011 Silverado that they gave me 13k for and then I put 6k down and basically got a 50k truck for cheap in the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pass depending on the truck. If it is THE truck you want then suck it up and buy. If not shop around. I would expect 20% minimum as an employee. Hope for closer to 25%.

Yeah, 17% off is all they are willing to go. They told me I can't stack 17% off with any other incentives. Pretty annoying that they won't give me a better deal as an employee. I've seen a few deals that were a lot better from other dealerships but I'm trying to keep from buying from elsewhere.

I went during truck month and they gave me 20k off msrp and the dealer gave another 5k off for their own discount...then I had a 2011 Silverado that they gave me 13k for and then I put 6k down and basically got a 50k truck for cheap in the end

Really? So if it was a $50,000 truck, you got $25,000 off which = 50% off, if it was $60,000, that's over 40% and if it was less than $50,000 then you were more like 60% off!

I find that hard to believe that your were any were even close to $25,000 off!!

they say that's as good as it gets.

HAHA, its funny a dealer tells that same BS line to their employees as the general public.

It seems that all GM dealers offer nearly the same pricing as each other within a region. It only depends on the time of year and exact model you are after. When I got prices from 3 different dealers in 3 different cities, I got numbers within maybe $200 for out the door price. and they all told me that was the best they could do.

I just chose the exact truck I wanted from the nearest dealer. If your employer isn't giving you any reason to buy from them, go shop around. just make sure you show them what you find in case they decide to match it.

LMAO YA $25k off

Wow , not to make you feel bad but as an employee I was expecting more than 17% off. I got my 17 LT Z71 for less then 40k . That's with the rebates , military discount , and negotiating. Also , TrueCar helped me get a better price with their certificate. It's all a business game. If you shop around and compare prices , it'll help with your negotiating skills.

Wow , not to make you feel bad but as an employee I was expecting more than 17% off. I got my 17 LT Z71 for less then 40k . That's with the rebates , military discount , and negotiating. Also , TrueCar helped me get a better price with their certificate. It's all a business game. If you shop around and compare prices , it'll help with your negotiating skills.

I bought 14 new vehicles over the years but this is the first time where it's a set % off. Usually I can get invoice, rebates and then even into their holdback but this is the first time where it's been such a set limit on discounts.

Archived