Rebates & Discount off MSRP

Sorry to revive and old thread but I got a simple one that doesn’t deserve its own thread. When you guys say 20%off is a good deal... I assume that’s before tax and licensing? So after T&L, probably close to 90% of sticker OTD (in the great state of high tax California)? Or are you suggesting you can get OTD with 80% of MSRP ?

Edited by n8huntsman

1 hour ago, n8huntsman said:

Sorry to revive and old thread but I got a simple one that doesn’t deserve its own thread. When you guys say 20%off is a good deal... I assume that’s before tax and licensing? So after T&L, probably close to 90% of sticker OTD (in the great state of high tax California)? Or are you suggesting you can get OTD with 80% of MSRP ?

I'm no expert here but I view it as the purchase price without the extras.  Especially in the cases of some states where you pay the taxes and licensing separately like in Missouri. 

I bought an '18 Silverado Z71 back in May.  At the time, the dealership was running a silly special of roughly $15K off the sticker.  I believe my sticker was right around $51K.  With $15K off, that's almost 30% off the sticker.

Also, your trade-in if you have one will affect that OTD cost.  

Edited by colonel00

17 hours ago, n8huntsman said:

When you guys say 20%off is a good deal... I assume that’s before tax and licensing? So after T&L, probably close to 90% of sticker OTD (in the great state of high tax California)? Or are you suggesting you can get OTD with 80% of MSRP ?

Yes, the 15% to 20% off MSRP is the "sale price" before TTL.

You are correct in saying that your out the door price will likely be closer to 85% - 90% of MSRP.

The prices can fluctuate through the model year. Some great deals can be had at the end of the model year (like right now with 2018's), and the brand new '19's won't be discounted much at all. But this is more a general estimate.