Rebates & Discount off MSRP

And, OP might not want a GMC. Not everyone does.

At this point I'm undecided on Chevy vs.GMC, leaning towards GMC just based on looks but could go either way if I found the right truck at the right price. Also there's a Chevy dealer very close to my house, GMC is considerable farther when it comes to servicing, etc..

Chevy will be happy to take your money for servicing. Don't want to start a pissing contest but I couldn't handle the heavy/chrome look of the Sierra grill - Silverado won out. Got to buy what you like best.

• Like 1

No-brainer to buy from them being that close........... 6.2L buyer - wise man..........

:driving:

I agree, at 5 hours I would just go there and not deal with any BS from local dealers. Hell I am from NH and might do that next time.

Chevy will be happy to take your money for servicing. Don't want to start a pissing contest but I couldn't handle the heavy/chrome look of the Sierra grill - Silverado won out. Got to buy what you like best.

Last I heard warranty work has to be GMC/GMC dealership and Chevy/Chevy dealership........

:dunno:

I agree, at 5 hours I would just go there and not deal with any BS from local dealers. Hell I am from NH and might do that next time.

Little off subject here, but good discussion. Anyone with experience from buying at Laura GMC? How does it typically work there? Is the price they have on their website is the price you get? Any room for further negotiation or is this their 'best price'?

Also I really like some of the leveled trucks with the black wheels and 305's. Would they be willing to do a wheel / tire swap for a different vehicle? That's my next question in this journey, which I may start a different post on - how to go about upgrading wheels & tires on a brand new truck. What do you do with the stock wheels and tires that come on truck does anyone give you 'credit' for them?

Last I heard "servicing" and "warranty work" are two different things.

I bought my Silverado and my wife's GMC Terrain at the same dealership. No one ever told me I had to go somehwere else for waranty work. GM is GM.

I bought my Silverado and my wife's GMC Terrain at the same dealership. No one ever told me I had to go somehwere else for waranty work. GM is GM.

Sounds like your dealership is both a Chevy and gmc dealer..... If you're not both, you can't warranty for the other. It's a GM thing... Edited by Sldhead700

Little off subject here, but good discussion. Anyone with experience from buying at Laura GMC? How does it typically work there? Is the price they have on their website is the price you get? Any room for further negotiation or is this their 'best price'?

Also I really like some of the leveled trucks with the black wheels and 305's. Would they be willing to do a wheel / tire swap for a different vehicle? That's my next question in this journey, which I may start a different post on - how to go about upgrading wheels & tires on a brand new truck. What do you do with the stock wheels and tires that come on truck does anyone give you 'credit' for them?

There are a lot of reviews on here about them. Every indication is that is the price you will pay and there is no further bargaining. That being said there is a reason they will pick you up at the airport, because people fly in all the time because their prices speak for themselves. I cannot answer your tire question but I think I remember hearing they would only hold your deposit for a few days before they give you your deposit back and put it back on sale.

Edited by Doobs41378

Here in MA discounts heavily depend on GM incentives and 'tagged' vehicles. Vehicles that get tagged have typically been on the lot the longest. I just got 17% of msrp on a new 1500 midnight edition. Extremely fair deal on my trade made me happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk's

Edited by Loco-diablo

I like to deal strictly in cash and that works well with Laura Buick GMC. They stick by their advertised prices and do not play games if you deal straight up with them. I blamed their cleanup crew for a halo mark on my new truck (got that fixed at a local dealers body shop today under warranty), other than that I am happy as a clam at +20% off MSRP on an Ultimate. I could not get close to that in my home area. If you look at the True car pricing it does adjust for different areas it was over 3k lower for the Laura GMC dealers area than my home here in Middle TN. If you do buy one there insist on taking it outside in the bright sunlight and parking it at all different angles to check for buffer marks (Halos) in the pant. I really suspect that they have a wildcat cleanup guy in the back with an old Makita grinder with a dirty bonnet on it in his toolbox drawer...This guy thinks that he is an A#1 detailer but he is really messing up peoples rides. If they had not been 300 miles away I would have gone back over and staked out the cleanup department and caught this guy in the act LOL

BEFORE post-127028-0-35689300-1497919383_thumb.jpg
AFTER post-127028-0-09792200-1498613287_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

just bought my 1500 LTZ ocean blue yesterday msrp was 50k dealer gave me 10k off msrp. had 7k in equity in my 14 tundra limited. ended up getting the 2017 LTZ for 35 after all was said and done. killer deals on 17s left on the lot at the moment. toyota couldn't be competitive with the 10k off msrp. for a 17 platinum. I'm loving the silverado. especially the gas milage lol.

I just bought my new truck at the end of June, its a 2017 Silverado crew cab / 2wd / 5.3L / all star package with nav and adjustable pedals. I shopped several dealers without ever setting foot inside one of them and put them all up against each other. in the end, I ended up paying $34550 on a truck that had a MSRP of $44550. Very happy with the deal I ended up getting and you just have to be patient if you want the best deal. The other thing I tried that actually got me close to this price too was Costco pricing. If you're a Costco member I would submit your info on their site and get a quote from there so you have somewhere to start.

• Like 1

I just bought my new truck at the end of June, its a 2017 Silverado crew cab / 2wd / 5.3L / all star package with nav and adjustable pedals. I shopped several dealers without ever setting foot inside one of them and put them all up against each other. in the end, I ended up paying $34550 on a truck that had a MSRP of $44550. Very happy with the deal I ended up getting and you just have to be patient if you want the best deal. The other thing I tried that actually got me close to this price too was Costco pricing. If you're a Costco member I would submit your info on their site and get a quote from there so you have somewhere to start.

Did you pay cash? How did you shop around without even stepping into a dealership? Just curious, your method is what I aim to do as well.