New England Mud

Timinsk

I live in CT, wondering if theres any open dirt roads and light mud to take a spin in. Willing to travel to see surrounding states.

Hope i posted in tge proper spot

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

There are some dirt roads in the white mountains. I can name 3 off the top of my head. Jefferson notch road, Tripoli road, and Sandwich notch road. I have driven all 3 of these roads. Nothing to earth shattering. The toughest one is Sandwich notch I would say, but you could probably drive it in a Subaru. Up in Coos county (Pittsburgh, Colebrook) there are hundreds if not thousands of miles of logging roads but they are mostly privately owned by the lumber companies.

maine is rather tight, and i live where the lights drop off the night maps.

way up there.

I had a habit of looking for radio towers and knowing there is a road or roads going to them.

in maine, I just look for open gates.

this road here is 11 miles one way, without the downed tree. Easy going in the summer.

the subaru is dual range, home made back end (still looks like a subaru for antique rules)

I am expecting someone to start up an offroad park, like you may find in the south.

just head to the woods, check for legal signs.. drive around.

• 6 months later...

Mike, the roads that follow the CT river, from the Rocky Hill ferry up to Wethersfield & the Putnam bridge are cool ones.  There also is a off road dirt track in the meadows there for dirt bikes & quads.  Occasionally floods, so there tends to be large puddles too.  

Archived