Jerk at stop/go & rough idle

Hi people, new to the forums. I have a 2016 Silverado crewcab 4x4 z71 with 17k miles. Over the last few months my truck has been "jerking" or feeling like a hard slam when coming to a slow stop or after I hit the gas pedal. I'm scheduling an appointment to get checked out, but looking for input on possible cause or better way to describe it. Additionally, I've noticed the truck idling really rough lately. My kid even said "why is he truck shaking". It's not like this always, but becoming more frequent.

Appreciate any info. Thanks!

• Like 1

I had the same thing happen with the rough idling with my truck for about a week at around 18,000 miles... everything is fine now. As for the jerk at stop and go my truck does that as well, I've read that this is the normal operating conditions on these transmissions unfortunately

2015 1500 LT Silverado Midnight Edition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by chrispassas21

My 2017 Yukon Denali suffered from random "missing" - car would run rough, jerk and chug at idle and only sometimes throw a CEL. Dealer had it for 2 days, couldn't duplicate and no saved codes. Happened again yesterday on the highway, flashing CEL and was able to get OnStar to run a diagnostic while heading for the dealer - OnStar said P0300. Light was still on when I pulled into dealer. They determined bad injector and are replacing - we'll see if this fixes it. When it would start to miss it felt as if car was driving over those rumble strips you occasionally see on the highways.

Thanks for the quick responses. I'll ask the to check software and see if they're seeing anything like this locally. Sucks to buy an expensive truck to have issues.

• Like 1

Went to one dealership and was told that it's normal in newer chevys due to air compression. I was also told it has like 32 computers on board so the idling is normal unless the check engine comes on. I went to another dealership and hey said it has some wiggle room, but I shouldn't feel a significant jerk. Now I have to figure out how to make sure it happens when they test drive lol.

New software release see for the 2017's. Did a bunch of them today. Stop in the dealer and see if yours is updated.

This applies to the MYC 6 speed by the way

Wait, what?!?!

I have been following this issue for a while now and saw the latest notice on TechLink. But even that one says it only applies to the 8-speed.

Great to hear it works on the 5.3L / 6-speed. I'll be asking my dealer about this!!

#17-NA-070 chugged, fishbite or roughness in 3rd-6th gear low RPM's (1200-1300) when tipping into throttle. For 2017's only [emoji35] L83 MYC

and

#PIP5504 address torque converter shudder and a fish bite or chugged feeling. For 2016-2017 L83 MYC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did BG fuel cleaner today, so we will see if they helps out some. Otherwise, the jerking feeling when coming to a stop we couldn't replicate at the dealer. I'll keep an eye on it.