Sulastic Shackles?

Anybody here running sulastic shackles?

According to some reviews I have been reading on various websites they are saying they greatly improve the ride of our 2500HD trucks...

Wondered about anybody on here that is not getting paid for their opinions...lol

Greatly no, they DO improve the minor bumps and vibrations.

There are mixed reviews on their longtivity, I would hope they would have improved their rubber by now as I have seen some pictures where they have given out.

I like the fact that you can get a 1in. drop shank with them so you drop the rear 3/4in. as well as get rid of some of the some bumps.

Do keep in mind you must cut/bend the bed seam to install any shackles unless you raise the bed for install.

These are essentially the old BFG velvet-ride shackles...yes they help, no they won't make it ride like a car. Had a set on a 2500 Dodge, wouldn't do it again...I'd go a different route.

They do have a finite life as they rely on twisting a rubber insert like a torsion axle, except a lot smaller.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Anybody here running sulastic shackles?

According to some reviews I have been reading on various websites they are saying they greatly improve the ride of our 2500HD trucks...

Wondered about anybody on here that is not getting paid for their opinions...lol

Not sure where you are located, but are you trying to get a better ride all around or when driving on concrete highways that seem to bounce and resonate up to the cab?

Shocks are a big help in this department...and I'm not talking about your run of the mill Bilstein shocks or the like. I'm talking like a quality, tunable shock like Kings. Depending on where you buy them, the shop can order them pretty close to the valving you will need. With leaf sprung suspensions, they work great for heavy loads, do a good job ride wise in some cases, and are cheap. The down side is once the leaf spring is compressed, the rebound is rather harsh and then starts bucking and affecting the front suspension. I have taking rides in newer trucks (sorry, it was an F-350, not a GM) that was so plush empty or loaded. He has King 2.5" Remote Reservoir shocks on all 4 corners. The rebound is set up pretty slow to stop the harshness.

I have them on my TJ, and believe me, once tuned properly, nothing like it....and you will not go back. Plus they are totally rebuildable and fully adjustable.

Just a thought. I have a feeling some 2.5" Kings will be purchased for my rear set first. That is where most suspension problems start on leaf sprung vehicles.

Archived