Front Bumper Options

Looking at swapping out my bumper on my 2017 silverado and of course have some questions.  Reason for wanting to swap out is be able to mount some DOT foglights.  I've only looked at OEM bumpers but would consider aftermarket if its similar priced and some DOT fog lights can be mounted.  I'm aware that getting the foglights installed to work like factory is quite the undertaking but I'm not concerned about that and really am just wondering how much compatibility there is between the different trims/years of bumpers.  Seems the bumper off the midnight edition truck is what I'm looking for.

Seems there is only a few basic bumper for the 17 siverados.

WT

Body colored w/o fogs

Body colored w/ fogs

Chrome w/ fogs

I'm assuming the bumpers are modular(hopefully someone can clarify) as I've seen the above configurations with different color lower valences but just from pictures online its hard to tell exactly how many different variations there are.   Silver & flat black for sure and possibly chrome and body colored?

Are all the bumpers interchangeable? How many parts make up the bumper? Are they available from the factory painted?  What parts are reusable from my current truck?  Can the earlier 14+ bumpers be used? Are all the bumpers metal like the WT bumper or are they polyurethane? I'm assuming the tow hooks are all the same.

Are all the 16+ foglights LED?  Whats the part number?  Do they come with the mounts or mount to the bumper directly?  What bulb connector do they use?

Heres some pictures of the different bumpers I've found to save people from googling...

WT (WT, Special Ops, Blackout Edition)

ca-2018-chevrolet-silverado-1500-pickup-

Body Colored W/fogs, Chrome lower valence??? (z71?)

Body Colored w/o fogs, Blk lower valence (rally 1)

Body Colored w/ fogs, Silver valence (rally 2)

Body Colored w/ fogs Blk lower valence (midnight edition)

Chrome w/ fogs

mm_gal_item_c2_1be7.img_resize.img_stage

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
4 hours ago, GavinRowbotham said:

I have a 2016 Sierra 1500 which other year front bumpers will work with it?

16 - 18, then it depends on options, park sensors, fog lights, painted....

• Like 1