2017 android auto stopped working

Hello everyone

I have a 2017 Silverado 2LT double cab that I picked up a week ago. Up until yesterday the projection feature worked great and was fairly flawless in it's operation. Yesterday it started saying you need to connect a supported device, also bluetooth wasn't working correctly for Pandora streaming.  So I unpaired the phone, deleted and reinstalled the android auto app, repaired the phone. 

Now bluetooth works for that trip but won't work again after the key is cycled, Android auto shows up on my phone as it always has but won't project to the radio.  I checked my phone ( Google Pixel running android 8.0.0) and nothing has been updated recently. Radio software also says up to date when checked. 

Anyone have any suggestions? Quite annoyed that I already need to go back and deal with the hassle of a service appointment for this and another issue (backup camera doesn't dim). 

Just got a firmware update on the radio for a similar issue, even though my truck is only a few months old. Service bulletin #17-NA-025 and while that bulletin doesn't list this issue (from what I've read) it seems to be working so far. BTW, it didn't matter which USB port I used and it also was not recognizing a flash drive. This was an intermittent issue for me.

1 hour ago, alrockaz said:

Just got a firmware update on the radio for a similar issue, even though my truck is only a few months old. Service bulletin #17-NA-025 and while that bulletin doesn't list this issue (from what I've read) it seems to be working so far. BTW, it didn't matter which USB port I used and it also was not recognizing a flash drive. This was an intermittent issue for me.

I'll look into that, thanks

I've tried every port. The cable works as it's charging the phone. I've tried other cables as well.

Just an update.  Before heading into the dealer I decided to reset settings through the radio and that did the trick for the time being. Next time I'll do it one setting reset at a time and see which one actually fixes the problem.

If I was going to guess at what the problem may have been: somehow the trust relationship between the phone and truck was lost. When you plug in your phone, it says it’s not trusted to that level and doesn’t work. Doesn’t mention anything, just doesn’t allow the action. (AA)

Did it ask you to authorize the truck again when you got it all working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you got it working. Note that Android Auto is finicky about cables and cheaper cables might not work, nor charging only cables (vs. cables that charge and transmit data). I switched to Anker Powerline+ and that helped my initial Android Auto issues of intermittent connections.

Archived