Adding heated mirrors

I have a 2014 Silverado work truck. It has power windows, locks and remote start. I would like to add heated mirrors as mine have already frozen over and it sucked. I don't have rear window defrost. The mirrors on it currently are manual everything. Is there a somewhat easy way to add heated mirrors to the truck?

This may be more than what you are looking for, but I have a set DL3 mirrors and harness from my 2015 Sierra SLT that are power fold, heated, auto dimming on the driver's side, and have the puddle lamps.  The only thing you would have to add is a door switch.  

• Like 1

This one is probably a little difficult.

The heat circuit at the door jamb that gets delivered to the mirror ties into the rear window defrost. So if you don’t have rear window defrost, you will not be able to gain this on the mirror.

I don’t know of a workaround to accomplish this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the replies. It looks like what I want to do isn't possible then. It's odd Chevy wouldn't add this automatically to their work trucks or as an after market option as the WT trim is usually used to work in snowy conditions around here by plow companies. My Ford I could literally just swap on the heated factory mirrors and it was good to go. I guess I'll have to wait until I get my next truck in a few years.

21 hours ago, 14_silverado said:

Thanks everyone for the replies. It looks like what I want to do isn't possible then. It's odd Chevy wouldn't add this automatically to their work trucks or as an after market option as the WT trim is usually used to work in snowy conditions around here by plow companies. My Ford I could literally just swap on the heated factory mirrors and it was good to go. I guess I'll have to wait until I get my next truck in a few years.

You could probably wire in a switch that would turn on the heated mirrors.  wouldn't be stock, but would do what you wanted

2 hours ago, bndawgs said:

You could probably wire in a switch that would turn on the heated mirrors.  wouldn't be stock, but would do what you wanted

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought about that but I've never been a fan of Frankensteining stuff like that. I used to work at a Chevy dealership as a mechanic and hated working on vehicles that had aftermarket or home made electrical components because they almost always caused problems. I trust myself enough doing a wiring job for this but I guess realistically it isn't worth it for me.

I'm hoping some good incentives come along the next few months and I can upgrade to a Silverado or Sierra that has 4wd and defrost/heated mirrors. I guess those are options I took for granted when I traded in my Jeep that had them.

• 3 months later...
On 11/5/2017 at 9:42 AM, pgamboa said:

This one is probably a little difficult.

The heat circuit at the door jamb that gets delivered to the mirror ties into the rear window defrost. So if you don’t have rear window defrost, you will not be able to gain this on the mirror.

I don’t know of a workaround to accomplish this.

Phil,   I have a similar situation and sent you an email.... my LT has a ton of options to include rear window defrost and the fancy radio and auto ac system with the auto lights and keyless entry, the nice center console, heated seats,  etc... but no power & heated mirrors and auto dim rearview mirror....   I got taken by a fancy fast talking saleman.... I would like to upgrade to heated and power mirrors    can you help?

• Like 1

Phil,   I have a similar situation and sent you an email.... my LT has a ton of options to include rear window defrost and the fancy radio and auto ac system with the auto lights and keyless entry, the nice center console, heated seats,  etc... but no power & heated mirrors and auto dim rearview mirror....   I got taken by a fancy fast talking saleman.... I would like to upgrade to heated and power mirrors    can you help?

Yes - PM me. I’ll need some more info on your truck build.

Yes - PM me. I’ll need some more info on your truck build.

Actually he didn't get ya the LT did if you wanted the auto dimming rear veiw mirror and heated mirrors you should've bought LTZ they all come standard. I feel your pain I have LT too and you listed leather seats cause thats not listed in LT package its an upgrade feature. If you opt to buy leather you should never finance it cause it's an additional $20+ a month on payment for 60-72 months $1600-$1720 more or $800 cash after the fact and the OEM Leather is better then manufacturers leather and colored stitching so I was told by GM Finance Manager buddy of mine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

Rear defrost is not a prerequisite for heated mirrors. My 2016 RCSB WT has heated mirrors and no rear window defrost. Part of the "Convenience Package" I think. Power windows and locks including tailgate and power adjust on mirror glass. The 7" radio with Apple Car Play is part of the package too.

Now also sporting a full center console thanks to Phil's plug and play harness !

I should have the USB cables to finish that mod soon !

• Like 1

Rear defrost is not a prerequisite for heated mirrors. My 2016 RCSB WT has heated mirrors and no rear window defrost. Part of the "Convenience Package" I think. Power windows and locks including tailgate and power adjust on mirror glass. The 7" radio with Apple Car Play is part of the package too.

Now also sporting a full center console thanks to Phil's plug and play harness !
I should have the USB cables to finish that mod soon !

Good to know! All I’ve read pointed to needed rear window defrost. So do you have the button on your radio controls with just the heated mirror icon then?