Adding heated mirrors

Phil,

Yes my truck does have the button on the lower right corner of the HVAC control panel for the heated mirrors only. Lights up and heats the mirrors when I depress it and shuts off on it's own after some unknown period of time if I forget to !!

Edited by Enough
spelling error
  • Like 1

Phil,
Yes my truck does have the button on the lower right corner of the HVAC control panel for the heated mirrors only. Lights up and heats the mirrors when I depress it and shuts off on it's own after some unknown period of time if I forget to !!

Very cool. I’ll look at the schematics again. I’m starting to think it’s the same circuit for both driven from the same button. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

Hi, I have a 2015 Silverado 1500 LT, front and back defrost, powered mirrors and manual fold. I'm wanting to eventually get tow mirrors with lights, and might as well get it heated too. Would the heat option sync into the rear defrost as I'm seeing in the comments?

Looking at options on sites like rock auto or 1aauto that are compatible to my truck but don't specify the trim needed, should they work fine? I'd like the lights to work atleast

~Andrew

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
On 11/5/2017 at 9:42 AM, pgamboa said:

This one is probably a little difficult.

The heat circuit at the door jamb that gets delivered to the mirror ties into the rear window defrost. So if you don’t have rear window defrost, you will not be able to gain this on the mirror.

I don’t know of a workaround to accomplish this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, I have a 2016 Silverado 1500 LT and have the heated rear defrost option. I recently installed a set of towing mirrors that have the heated mirror, turn signal indicators, and the LED puddle lights. The motor to move the mirror works great but would be real interested in getting the other features working. Is this possible? 

Thank You!

• 1 year later...

Good afternoon, my wife just purchased me a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT 1500. I want to upgrade the mirrors to tow mirrors with cargo lights, turn signals and power fold if possible. Heated would be nice, but I don't know if I'll be able to get any of these functions to work because the stock mirrors are manual fold and power adjustment only... I see many options online to purchase the tow mirrors, but don't really know which ones to buy and I also see a stand alone harness that's supposed to make it plug and play, but I'm not sure it will work with my truck.

The build date is 10/13 if that helps...

Can anyone help me with the right mirrors at a reasonable price and also guide me in the right direction to make the mirrors work...?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...

I have successfully added heated mirrors to my 2014 wt no rear defrost or heated mirror option. it was alot of work but can confirm rpo code of truck and it works. had to reprogram hvac module after all the wiring and swap out fuse box as well.  I took a picture of power to wire feed when hitting defrost button.  I just need a bcm reprogram for the windows and heated seats and fog light for next project.