Interchangeable Rims? 2004-2005 to 2017 Silverado

I am looking at a used set of 20'' chrome rims with some decent rubber left on them for the winter. The seller says they are from 2004 - 2005 Silverado, he believes they'd fit but wasn't 100% sure and his concern was the caliper. Could anyone shine some light on this for me?

Edit: I am looking at them for my 2017 Silverado.

No way. Wheels are shot if the chrome is peeling. Caddy’s are notorious for the chrome peeling and having leaky tires. The chrome around the lip starts to peel and the tire doesn’t seat correctly. Maybe $200 for half tread tires and whatever the cost of 4 scrap aluminum wheels are. 

I sold my painted ones for 800. They were mint and tires had 70%+ tread. 

Youll still see the corrosion/peeling through the plastidip. Honestly, I’d keep looking if it were me. 

Just now, cbrsilv15 said:

No way. Wheels are shot if the chrome is peeling. Caddy’s are notorious for the chrome peeling and having leaky tires. The chrome around the lip starts to peel and the tire doesn’t seat correctly. Maybe $200 for half tread tires and whatever the cost of 4 scrap aluminum wheels are. 

I sold my painted ones for 800. They were mint and tires had 70%+ tread. 

Youll still see the corrosion/peeling through the plastidip. Honestly, I’d keep looking if it were me. 

Thanks - Good advice that I'll likely take. I appreciate all the help. I had never thought about the peeling affecting the seat of the tire.

12 hours ago, BlueSilvyZ71 said:

I was actually thinking about getting them and plasti dipping them black... thoughts?

He wants $500 for rims and Cooper Discover Tires with 50% Tread.

You won't Plasticoat over peeling chrome because you need a clean solid base to Plasticoat.  I agree to pass, he's wants to pass his issues on to someone else.

Archived