Can't decide what should be next

I have the 2017 Z71 5.3 and did the K&N CAI, Magna-flo exhaust, Diablo Predator 2 Tuner, 2" levelling kit, added the lit up tow mirrors, and fender flare sides. I also put on all of the black emblems myself to get rid of most of the chrome.

Now due to the front end being prone to lower ball joint issues with the levelling kits, I now just purchased a Ready Lift 4" lift. I would seriously not level the vehicle without putting a good lift kit. I've gone through many lower arms as a result on my old truck.

Z71.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ChevyRoofer said:

Corsa Sport - louder and raspier
Borla S-Type - smoother and deeper

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/199048-borla-s-type-vs-corsa-sport/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link to that post.  I do love the look of the Corsa, but do get your point for sound levels.  I'll have to do more research.  Maybe the Corsa Touring is something I should consider too.

15 hours ago, gmdog2 said:

I like it a lot. As far as sound, I think it's perfect. Gets rid of the hairdryer and let's it breath some. I think it's loud on start ups, putting your foot in to it, otherwise nice in mellow. If u turn radio off, u can just barely hear it while cruising. I've had louder exhaust, but I'm at a point in my life that a little is ok, but a lot is to much, lol. If that makes sense. 

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input!  I'll definitely have to put Corsa's Touring exhaust on my short list for consideration.  

On 12/1/2017 at 9:31 PM, SirenRed16 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Corsa Sport the loudest Corsa carries? I thought Sport and Atak where close in sound?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Corsa also has an "Xtreme" version as well.  The following is from Corsa's website...  http://www.lmperformance.com/shop.asp?brand=corsa-performance&gclid=CjwKCAiAu4nRBRBKEiwANms5W_GpxL7Ir86Y7QkL9wAsALEbkMTd3SFN1xG1vDowYE-6yXfWkdf3kRoC-zUQAvD_BwE

CORSA Exhaust offers 3 levels of sound: XTREME - their loudest offering for those who want the loudest baddest sounding system out there with an aggressive tone, CORSA's SPORT systems for their mid sound level is a great alternative for customers who want an aggressive sounding unique exhaust but who do not necessarily want to hear it all the time. The sport option is a good option for mildly modified vehicles and for comfortable highway cruising, CORSA's TOURING exhaust is their quietest system for those with highly modified engines or those who wish to only have a slightly louder tone then stock. No matter your sound preference, CORSA mufflers have you covered.

EDIT:  As i look at Corsa's website, I can't find the "XTREME" option for my truck. 

Corsa also has an "Xtreme" version as well.  The following is from Corsa's website...  http://www.lmperformance.com/shop.asp?brand=corsa-performance&gclid=CjwKCAiAu4nRBRBKEiwANms5W_GpxL7Ir86Y7QkL9wAsALEbkMTd3SFN1xG1vDowYE-6yXfWkdf3kRoC-zUQAvD_BwE

CORSA Exhaust offers 3 levels of sound: XTREME - their loudest offering for those who want the loudest baddest sounding system out there with an aggressive tone, CORSA's SPORT systems for their mid sound level is a great alternative for customers who want an aggressive sounding unique exhaust but who do not necessarily want to hear it all the time. The sport option is a good option for mildly modified vehicles and for comfortable highway cruising, CORSA's TOURING exhaust is their quietest system for those with highly modified engines or those who wish to only have a slightly louder tone then stock. No matter your sound preference, CORSA mufflers have you covered.

I didn't count the Xtreme because they don't offer it for trucks. Only sports car and what have you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

On 12/1/2017 at 11:19 PM, Z2Z said:

Go with the level and remove the valence. It makes a huge difference.

D0031BF1-A50D-4FF2-9A3A-7FB3FBC87A5F.jpeg

BTW, what are the specs on the level & tire combo on that truck? 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally made my decision... I'll be going with the level & tires.  2" RC level kit should be here Friday & 285/55r20 BFG A/T KO2;s going on next week.  I'll post up some pics when its all been installed

You should be happy with that setup.  I know I am with a very similar setup, RC 2.5 leveling and 275/65R20's...   

I'm very intrigued by the idea of removing the valence....  Anyone have a pic of my style with that done?

IMG_20171226_151152.jpg

On 12/26/2017 at 2:39 PM, minelson33 said:

You should be happy with that setup.  I know I am with a very similar setup, RC 2.5 leveling and 275/65R20's...   

I'm very intrigued by the idea of removing the valence....  Anyone have a pic of my style with that done?

IMG_20171226_151152.jpg

i’m new to the forum and i’m having trouble deciding between your exact setup or a 2” level with 275/60/20 instead. i’m also not familiar enough with the terminology yet to distinguish if what you refer to as your 2.5” leveling kit means you are running blocks in the back as well or just spacers up front if that makes sense?

trying to decide on all of this brings me back to what heads and cam i had to decide on for my gto awhile back...constantly going back and forth. 

thanks in advance 

Archived