Can't decide what should be next

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/29/2017 at 9:12 AM, Herms21 said:

i’m new to the forum and i’m having trouble deciding between your exact setup or a 2” level with 275/60/20 instead. i’m also not familiar enough with the terminology yet to distinguish if what you refer to as your 2.5” leveling kit means you are running blocks in the back as well or just spacers up front if that makes sense?

trying to decide on all of this brings me back to what heads and cam i had to decide on for my gto awhile back...constantly going back and forth. 

thanks in advance 

the 2.5" RC level kit raises the front 2 1/2" with both bottom and top strut spacers.  It also comes with a 2" rear block that replaces the stock block.  This combination retains more rake than some kits.  

The 275/60R20 tires would be a taller tire (about 33") but also a bit narrower than stock tires. 

275/60r20s are the same width as the stock tires (275/55r20). Unless you are coming from 22's to 20's, in which case 275's are about 1/2" narrower then the 22's 285's.

11 hours ago, steve76t said:

the 2.5" RC level kit raises the front 2 1/2" with both bottom and top strut spacers.  It also comes with a 2" rear block that replaces the stock block.  This combination retains more rake than some kits.  

The 275/60R20 tires would be a taller tire (about 33") but also a bit narrower than stock tires. 

thanks for the response. i settled on the rough country 2” bottom strut spacers for now and will see what that looks like. possibly would maybe consider down the road adding the other half inch spacer if need be. i can handle rake but prefer level. all personal preference. 

as far as tires go i’m still going back and forth between the 275/60/20s and 275/65/20. seems as if some run the larger tire without issues and some advise against it. lots of variables to take into consideration. not sure if the extra inch in the 275/65s are worth the risk or not. 

minutes Hello All!

Hello All,

Thanks to this web site and the kind people who have given the information I have gotten here, I was able to pull the plug and go with my leveling kit and 285/65/R20's.

Here are the specifics - Work was performed by RMT Off Road in Fort Collins, Colorado. I highly recommend them for ANY work you need done. I used them because they were an authorized installer to save my new truck warranty as this truck only has 6,000 miles on it.

• Traxda 3"+1" leveling kit - (before tires, I gained 2-3/4" height at the front)
  • OEM 20" x 9" wheels - No Spacers
  • 285/65/R20 BFG KO2's

Measurements after Level & KO2's

At front license plate - ground to the top of the bumper at body line - 25-3/16" Originally...............Leveled - 29-7/16"

At receiver hitch - 18-13/16" Originally...............Leveled 20-5/16" 

At front fender - 36-1/4" Originally..................Leveled 40-1/8"

At back fender - 38-1/2" Originally..................Leveled 41-3/4"

I get very minor rubbing at full lock, only on the driver side. It rubs about a quarter size spot at the rear of the well lining, toward the frame. I will tie this back with a zip tie this spring when the weather is warmer. It is so slight that I can wait until then to do this.

Thanks again to everyone on this site for their input and help.

Leveled 1.JPG

Leveled 3.JPG

Leveled 4.JPG

Archived