Can't decide what should be next

I've had my 17' Denali for almost three months now & love it!  Added a Bak Revolver X2 tonneau cover and a bed rug a couple weeks ago.  Today I had the windows tinted the front windows to match (almost) to rears + had 80% added to the windshield.  Technically not legal but still light enough that it shouldn't ever be an issue with the po-po. 

Anyway, I'm trying to decide on my next upgrade.  Level & tires or exhaust & intake?  Both will happen eventually, just can't do both right now.  I'm leaning toward a 2 1/2" level kit with 285/55r20 tires.  I've scraped the front valance a couple times already and scraped it up a touch crossing a small washed out section of dirt road.   So a level and tires should help fix that.  However, the exhaust is terrible.  The passive exhaust valve rattles at idle and at mid-throttle acceleration.  The noise is slight but still annoying.  

IMG_3339.jpg

IMG_3345.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, MBSierra17 said:

Why not add the level/tires, and do a muffler delete to get you by until you can do a more deliberate exhaust.

I heard about a muffler delete, but haven't researched that option.  Wouldn't that make the truck extremely loud and be very prone to drone? 

I personally would do level/tires and then a exhaust. Depending on what exhaust you're after you can probably can do both at the same time. For intake I would go with the MIT Jr kit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I'd do exhaust first. I'm guessing it's a 6.2? You will love the sound with exhaust. My 14 High Country 6.2 with the Corsa Sport sounded incredible. Now after headers it's too loud haha. So if it is a 6.2 I have a Corsa Sport catback I'd sell!

I took out the leaf spring block to make the rake less defined. Then I went to my long time exhaust bender and did a muffler delete. Together cost me a grand total of 40$ on my 14 GMC. Two weeks later I got my hypertec hand held and got rid of the V4, did a 50 percent TM, and move the top end up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muffler is cheaper...depending upon your level of aggressiveness, i would strongly recommend the magnaflow...I had the 14" on my last truck...absolutely LOVED it...on my new truck, i opted for the 18" (resonator and flapper delete--~$250 installed)...as a family truck my wife asked me if i got a muffler, if i could just get a slightly less aggressive one... 

the tone of the 18 is on par with the 14, but I do wish i had the 14...but we use my truck as the family vehicle on road trips...so I dont mind the compromise...

magnaflow has a nice deep tone, but not overly loud and not a metallic sound...but when you get on it, it opens up REAL NICE CLARK! ;)

having said that, due to your circumstances with the road, i would probably opt for the level and all terrain tires...i'm a big fan of the BFG ko2...but everyone has their own opinions of tires...most of which you cant go too wrong...

i only put a replacement K&N filter on mine, so i cant comment on headers or a completely new intake (although again on my last truck i had a K&N cold air induction...liked it, but not sure it was THAT much different that just a replacement K&N panel filter...

good luck and keep us posted with pics!

9 hours ago, steve76t said:

I heard about a muffler delete, but haven't researched that option.  Wouldn't that make the truck extremely loud and be very prone to drone? 

I haven't done it myself, so I can't comment. YouTube "muffler delete Silverado (and sierra)". Didn't sound too loud, but audio clips can be deceiving. Probably depends on if you leave resonator and flapper too.

1 hour ago, Paintor said:

I took a sawzall and cut my lower valance in half. Another option

That may not be a bad option.  Could always remove or replace it if I screw it up.  

I'm in the same boat, so to speak. However, I had the level kit installed at the dealership a couple of weeks after I bought my Silverado. They were actually cheaper than the local 4 wheel drive places around me.

I really want an intake, exhaust and tune (and eventually a supercharger) but have decided to go with the tires and wheels first. 

Looks good..

I've put a Suspension Maxx on mine. Did it myself, pretty easy, just had to have the front end realined.

I did a Corsa Touring exhaust and there is a difference for sure. I wish I would have started with the resonator delete first, then moved to an exhaust..as I did this on my Jeep and that was all that was needed[emoji6]..

lots of choices, lots of cash...[emoji6] Here's a pic with a 1.75 lift on front..

0c70513d87229d115409bf64174a9a1b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Archived