2017 Silverado front end to 2015 front end

True on the resale part but not really looking to sell it anytime soon, and true to the preference, the new models looks nice if it has the color match front end but the chrome on the new ones to me is ugly. The 2015 front end just seems as it would be good in chrome or color matched and would be fun to have a 2017 that looks like a 2015 switch it up every other year.

• Like 1

True on the resale part but not really looking to sell it anytime soon, and true to the preference, the new models looks nice if it has the color match front end but the chrome on the new ones to me is ugly. The 2015 front end just seems as it would be good in chrome or color matched and would be fun to have a 2017 that looks like a 2015 switch it up every other year.

Totally agree. The chrome on the 14-15 looks much better and aggressive than the 16-17., thats why went with black on my 16 conversion. And I’m the same way I’m keeping my truck to pass it on to my first born.. maybe..lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe consider swapping in some painted parts off of a z71 or Custom trim level truck? It would give you a different look but, won't hurt your resale value as much

I knew a family that once bought a prior salvage Grand Am from a rebuilder. They thought it looked good. When I saw it, I questioned whether they were aware the rear of the car wasn't right. The car was a 96 I believe. Turns out the rebuilder had a 93 rear and used it to repair the 96 (two different generations) from the doors back (2 door cars). Ended up with a frankencar that had electrical problems.

I think of this every time I read of someone doing a swap, whether going from 14-15 to a 16-18 or the other way. There may not be electrical issues but it would make me think of something that had been severely wrecked and someone used parts available to repair rather than the right ones.