Little chirp/squeak noise coming from center of dash...

• 2 weeks later...

I have found a couple annoying rattles in the dash of my 17 crew. I found the "most" annoying one inside the passenger fuse panel compartment. Made it sound like it was resonating thru the whole dash. There is a fuse block/wiring harness square plastic thing in there, Jammed a peice of cardboard in there and good to go. A new rattle has just started towards the drivers side....haven't found that one yet lol

• 2 weeks later...

my 2017 silverado does the same thing when i make a sharp right turn, sounds to me theres something sliding  in center of the dash near stereo. I would make a sharp left afterwards don't hear it. I have a post on here about this and i done evreything as others said. Like drive in 2wd mode. Can't remember the others but no luck. Again it sounds like plastic on plastic sliding to me, maybe a wire connection not zip tied?

• 1 month later...

Well yesterday I figured it out. The closed the door and heard the noise outside of the truck for the first time. Played around in the engine bay and the lower battery bracket bolt was 90% backed out. Tightened it up and it's 100% gone.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

On the back of the kick board (you'll have to remove the kick board) on the drivers side footwell is a metal plate. its literally held into place by PLASTIC rivets.  I've had this issue in my 08 and my 16.  Both were solved by removing that metal plate. Idk what its purpose its, but neither truck fell apart, nor did they squeak after I removed them.

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, Kari Rehnlund said:

I had this exact same issue in my 2016 Silverado with 50k miles on it.  The same bolt was backed out about 50%.  Tightened her up, and no more chirping!

Small world!  How long did you let it go for before you figured it out?

• 5 months later...
On 3/12/2018 at 6:17 AM, m3n00b said:

Well yesterday I figured it out. The closed the door and heard the noise outside of the truck for the first time. Played around in the engine bay and the lower battery bracket bolt was 90% backed out. Tightened it up and it's 100% gone.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I've been trying to track down a chirping sound from the dash for months, and THIS was the answer!! I've torn apart my dash, door panels, everything trying to find a loose bolt inside with no luck. I found this thread this weekend and it was the damn battery tray bolt. I don't know how it was so loud in the cab, but it's no longer driving me insane. Just wanted to stop by and say THANK YOU.

• Like 1

I've been trying to track down a chirping sound from the dash for months, and THIS was the answer!! I've torn apart my dash, door panels, everything trying to find a loose bolt inside with no luck. I found this thread this weekend and it was the damn battery tray bolt. I don't know how it was so loud in the cab, but it's no longer driving me insane. Just wanted to stop by and say THANK YOU.

Hell yeah! Glad I could help. That sound drove me insane. It was so loud inside. I couldn't believe it.

• 1 year later...