I just went on AliExpress.com.  This site is from China.  I have even bought a carburator for my motorcycle when the dealer here wanted 375 bucks i had a new one sent by them, shipped free for 75 bucks !  I have been looking in their site for GPS HMI modules for my 18 Silverado.  I find under "GPS Modules" a lot of GPS stuff that you just connect to a USB port and it receives the GPS signal but the detailed info is a bit confusing.  Maybe one of you guys with electronics background or a GURU in navigation can look these items up and figure out if the GPS signal received would show on the 8 inch screen somehow.  It seems to be for a PC.  Please check if you are interested and if it should work we ALL will be saving 1000 dollars or more for Nav. as these items are from 9 bucks to 50 bucks.  Keep me posted please, thanks and God Bless

adding some info on the above comment of mine, hope it downloads it to this site.  Maybe someone will take a little time in searching among the hundreds of GPS items to see if any can be used on a Silverado as a navigation item.

2pcs-V(4).jpg

2pcs-V(1).jpg

Most GPS modules that connect to a PC's USB port need a custom software program to run it and wont work through the Infortainment USB port. Google maps can be run off an Iphone or Android after loading the specialized app to the phone.

After market DIY kits using OEM HMI modules are available for '15s and below, but not '16 and later which use a different MyLink system iphone/Android capable interface. One firm markets a complete kit for upgrading using a factory module

http://www.gen5diy.com/Chevrolet/Silverado/chevrolet-silverado-diy-kits/Navigation-Upgrade9/

However the kit costs more than the $495 charge for the Nav option on new Silverados.

Archived