Those with the adjustable pedals

TJay74

So I have a 2016 Sierra SLT, I ahve noticed now after driving the wife's Audi and our 2017 Camaro SS a peculiar thing in regards to the brake and throttle pedal in my truck. With both pedals in the resting position and no pressure on them I cant slide my across from the gas pedal to the brake pedal, the brake pedal is about 2" higher and not in the same plane as the gas pedal. 

Has anyone else noticed this as well on their LTZ/SLT truck? The wife's Audi is an auto and the gas pedal and brake pedal are in line and you can pretty much slide your foot right over to the brake pedal as is my Camaro. As it is now with my truck I have to lift my foot completely off of the gas pedal and then lift it several additional inches before I clear the brake pedal so I can depress the brake pedal.

Is this the norm with all of your trucks as well?

I have a 2017 Sierra SLT and have noticed the same thing. I'm used to it by now. I don't have to lift my foot several inches but a simple slide over to depress the brake isn't possible like my old Tundra. I admit it does make driving with boots a bit odd. 

I noticed the goofy pedal relation while test driving and all gm slt/ltz were alike. 

10 hours ago, oburgtiger said:

For what it's worth, my 1984 F-150 is the same way.

Maybe this is why I found this post so strange!  I've driven pickups for several decades and never found moving my foot between pedals an issue.  I guess if you are used to driving only vehicles where you can pivot your ankle instead of lifting your foot, this would be a noteworthy concern.  I have probably rented or owned cars where there wasn't a height difference between the two pedals but never found either style an issue, or anything I have even noticed. 

Archived