2018 silverado tonneau

I just sold my 2015 Tahoe for a 2018 silverado need a bed but I travel a lot with the family and always had my cargo carrier loaded on trips  does anyone have good suggestions on a wateprrof tonneau or roof racks so I can use my existing luggage carrier 

I just sold my 2015 Tahoe for a 2018 silverado need a bed but I travel a lot with the family and always had my cargo carrier loaded on trips  does anyone have good suggestions on a wateprrof tonneau or roof racks so I can use my existing luggage carrier 
Most of the high-quality ones seal up really well. I have no experience with the soft tonneau covers just the hard roll up ones.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I have a Truxedo low pro soft cover. I travel across the state for family holidays with all the needed supplies safe and dry in the back. No water ever gets in while driving. It even keeps dry in the carwash. There is only a tiny bit of moisture that can get in the cracks on the side of the tailgate, but no tonneau cover will fix that.

I recommend a soft cover if you often use your bed and need it open. If you never open the cover then a hard cover is a bit more secure, but I would find it in my way all the time.

I have an extang trifecta 2 on my 2017 DC standard 6’5” bed. Very happy with it. I had a trifecta on my last truck for 10 years and it held up great. Autoanything had the best price I could find online. You can also haggle with them via the chat and get a few more bucks off!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on what you want.  With most of the roll-up ones you need to leave the side rails on the truck.  With the trifold ones many of them attach with quick clamps and you can remove the entire tonneau and rails easily in a minute or 2.

Also with the soft ones they are lighter and you have have 1 solid piece across the entire length so less leaks but they don't offer much protection.  The hard ones are more secure but there are 3 or 4 joints that could leak.

After saying all that get what fits your needs.  I wanted a hard cover that was easily removable when I haul oversize things so I went with the Extang Solifold 2.0 and have been very happy:

https://www.extang.com/p-36824-solid-fold-2-0.html 

I looked at the Leer Trilogy as well:

http://www.leer.com/Trilogy-X2T

Archived