Midnight Edition - questions

Hello everyone

This is my first post to his forum and I had a handful of questions.  I test-drove a Silverado 2500HD Midnight Edition LTZ (Duramax) yesterday and really loved it and would like to get one, but here are my questions:

1. Sunroof: The truck I test drove had every option that I wanted, except for a sunroof.  Dealer told me that because it had the Snow Prep package, a sunroof wasn't available. Is that true?

2. Plowing: I would never use this truck for commercial plowing, but could a plow be added to it even if you didn't' have the Snow Prep package?

3.  Power-folding mirrors: I definitely liked the larger, power-folding mirrors.  I started looking at other Midnight Editions on other dealer sites.  Are these larger mirrors ALWAYS power-folding, or are some manual, and if so, is there a way to tell just by looking at the pictures that dealers post on their websites?

4. Heated steering wheel: Do all of the LTZ trucks have this?

5. Buy or Build: Do most folks just do a search to find the right truck?  How many order one, and what is the build time?

6. MPG:  What kind of mileage do these trucks typically get (with diesel)?

Thanks.  I'm sure I'll have more questions as I do more research on the truck.

Hi there, for a starting point one option to consider (if you haven't yet) is the following link below may help with some of your questions by way of going into the Chevy Build Your Truck ( Build Your Midnight ) section and one by one add/click the features you would like to have (and even the features you wouldn't like) to help see what other features you'd / they'd have to remove to have those other options you like.

http://www.chevrolet.com/byo-vc/client/en/US/chevrolet/silverado/2018/silverado-2500hd/exterior

For two example I clicked on power sunroof and the pop-up window said the following:....(

(Changing Power sunroof will also change the following:

Remove
  • Snow Plow Prep Package
  • 220-amp alternator
  • Provision for cab roof-mounted lamp beacon

Price Change: $1,130)

(Changing Chrome, Outside, power-adjustable, power-folding vertical trailering mirrors with Amber running lamps will also change the following:
Remove
  • Body-color mirror caps
Price Change: $295)

Note that trailering mirrors are considered the big mirrors vs the smaller mirrors typically seen on the 1500's.  
If the links above don't go to the Midnight addition then this link http://www.chevrolet.com/truck-life/silverado/special-editions#midnight should get you there too but you'll have to click on Build Your Midnight.

Thanks for the info. I just found the same info in the 2500 brochure that the dealer gave me. Apparently the Snow Prep package cant be combined with the sunroof.

Is that package a requirement should I ever want to put a plow on this truck to plow my driveway (assuming I get this truck)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/25/2018 at 8:21 PM, Anomaly said:

Thanks for the info. I just found the same info in the 2500 brochure that the dealer gave me. Apparently the Snow Prep package cant be combined with the sunroof.

Is that package a requirement should I ever want to put a plow on this truck to plow my driveway (assuming I get this truck)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you will also NOT get the home link(3 buttons in upper center panel for like a garage door opener) with the plow prep package. to my knowledge you do NOT need the plow prep to add a plow just makes adding one more plug and play for the plow lights, adds a tranny cooler, dual alt option, and roof mount beacon power wire, and i believe it also adds the skid plates under the truck. I haven't figured out yet if the plow prep tranny cooler is the same cooler if you add the hd trailer package or not...i would assume so for ease on gm's part to only have 1 cooler rather than 2  

If it hasn’t been noted you would get heavy duty front springs with plow prep. If you properly match a plow to your truck this will be the difference a truck w/o the plow prep would technically use a lighter plow. 

Archived