Denali Ultimate Chrome Inserts and Brake Dust!

I have a 2017 Sierra Denali Ultimate with the 22" wheels and chrome inserts. Unfortunately, brake dust seems to be extremely difficult, if not impossible to remove. Actually, I am not sure if the brake dust is pitting the inserts. I've been using Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner 3.0, but no luck. 

Anyone have similar issues? Any recommendations?

I found that when I sprayed my tires with tire shine if I did not clean the excess over spray off the wheels that it would get hard and I had to use paint cleaner with a lot of rubbing to get them smooth again.  I seemed like once it dried and maybe a little wheel heat is when the problem showed up.  There was some roughness to the painted areas of the wheels too.  It took a while but I got it all off.

I’d go talk to your local auto detailing guy about this (not the 17 year old kid buffing used cars at the stealership). There is products made especially for “rail” dust such as CarPro Iron X something like this might be your best bet. I bother my local detailer couple times a year with odd questions like this and he always helps me out cause he knows when I need detail work I’ll come to him.

On 26/03/2018 at 7:29 PM, mstgkillrws6 said:

I have a 2017 Sierra Denali Ultimate with the 22" wheels and chrome inserts. Unfortunately, brake dust seems to be extremely difficult, if not impossible to remove. Actually, I am not sure if the brake dust is pitting the inserts. I've been using Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner 3.0, but no luck. 

Anyone have similar issues? Any recommendations?

If you live in Canada, ZOOM Cleaner is a product that works exceptionally well at easily removing brake dust. It's available at powersports and RV dealers & soon to be available at Automotive shops.
Here's a link to a quick video;

Archived