First accessory - Storage bin under rear bench

One thing I miss about the Ram is all the rear storage.  I see GMC has a storage bin that fits under the rear seat to utilize all that wasted space.  That's where I keep tie downs and such.  Surprised the truck does not come equipped with it.  Anyone else get this and can comment on the quality?  I'm supposed to order it tomorrow along with two extra tie down dogs.  It comes with 4 but I want 2 more, 1 one on each side in the middle of the bed.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend but taking time to remember those who gave their lives for their country.

I have the husky one and it's a little flimsy and the separators are pretty worthless, but it's a tub to throw stuff in and it works for that reason.  I would like to have gotten the lock box, but I couldn't justify the extra price tag for what little valuables I would be putting in it.

I want to get one of these so bad, but have to wait until the child seats are gone, otherwise I can't access it. I've looked at this DU-HA brand one, it looks nice in photos, never seen it in real life.

https://www.du-ha.com/index.php/gmc-silverado-sierra-light-duty-crew-cab-2014-2016-and-silverado-sierra-heavy-duty-crew-cab-2016.html

1 hour ago, aseibel said:

I want to get one of these so bad, but have to wait until the child seats are gone, otherwise I can't access it. I've looked at this DU-HA brand one, it looks nice in photos, never seen it in real life.

https://www.du-ha.com/index.php/gmc-silverado-sierra-light-duty-crew-cab-2014-2016-and-silverado-sierra-heavy-duty-crew-cab-2016.html

These look nice!  I like the provision in the dividers for longer items.  (canes, umbrellas ;-) )  BTW  Don't be bothered by the child seats.  They will disappear fast enough.

13 hours ago, Donstar said:

BTW  Don't be bothered by the child seats.  They will disappear fast enough.

Like tomorrow.  Enjoy now.   This empty nest thing is nice enough but not nearly as much fun as when the kids were home.  I admit I miss it.  

I bought the GM OEM on Amazon.  I looked at the Du-Ha but did not like the straight edges.  The OEM seemed sturdier from what I could tell.  It arrived today and even though it was not completely smooth, I went and bought a can of spray on bed liner at ACE and gave it a couple coats.  Drying overnight before I install tomorrow....although it seems to have dried in about 15 minutes.  Gave it a nice roughed texture to help keep things from sliding around.

Greg

GMC seat storage.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My truck came with the dealer installed GM storage bin. Removing it was the first mod I did to my truck.....I need the floor space when the seat is folded up, so it's been installed in the attic ever since.