locking with keys in

anybody having trouble with the truck locking with the keys in. the other day while working on the truck, it locked all the doors with the keys in the ignition. and I didn't bump anything on the way out. now I have to have a hideaway key just in case. I had a 2004 hd that did it multiple times. we finaly reprogrammed the computer to never autalock the doors and that fixed it. multiple trips to the dealer and I was the only person in the world to have that problem. ( imagine that)   I hope I don't have that problem with my new truck.  they need more electronics in the trucks. more stuff to drive you crazy. I saw a little film where there was a little girl in an older truck and she says to grampa   how do you open the window in here?  and he says theres a crank on the side.  much simpler days. ( no electronics)

Auto-lock? That would be one feature I would not like to have or enable if it was an option in a car. Was the truck running and it still locked when you exited? My 06 TB won't let me lock the doors if it's open and it's running. I haven't tried with the truck yet. [emoji16]

I keep my phone on me whenever I exit the truck and would just use the app to unlock the door if that happened. Plus my wife has the app on her phone as well for her account and we have both vehicles on there. So she can unlock it if she's not around and I need it unlocked.

Maybe have it looked at if it starts being consistent.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

My wife had her toyota lock automatically. Nothing pissed me off more than when I wanted to grab something out of it, it was always locked, we park in a garage. I immediately disabled that function on my truck.

But yes, with the my chevrolet (or my GMC) app on your phone, you can simply unlock it again. 

As long as you didn't leave both your phone and keys in there....

Maybe... I have had some weird shit with the onstar command start.  I have had my truck fail multiple times to do anything... lock.. unlock.. start or whatever. Plenty of cell reception but nothing works.  Keys were in the truck but luckily it was unlocked and stayed that way.  My old 2014 Impala did it where I locked the doors with the onstar and the key was in the ignition... go to unlock later and onstar can't do it.  Call Onstar and they can't see the car like the battery is dead.  Okay... fine. Grab the spare key... the fob wont do anything like the car or the fobs battery is dead.  Take the door handle apart on the drivers door as the lock cylinder is not exposed on those cars and manually unlock the door.  Battery is fine and as soon as I cycled the key in the car everything worked again including the spare fob.  Either way I always try and not leave the keys in my new stuff ever as it's not reliable enough to trust anything working correctly. 

Edited by SierraHD17