Oil change intervals

12 hours ago, mookdoc6 said:

Frumpy....Drive your little truck 10k the "GDI" you will consume up to 1/2qt I guarantee it!  I know you state concrete scientific facts...Not burned a drop @ 5k?  yeah..OK PROVE me wrong I made it to 8th grade and reading your diatribes would make any sane person puke!  

Why, pray tell, would I bear the burden to prove your claim? :rolleyes: You're making the guarantees. Looks to be your case to prove. That will be a tough one since the boast of your claims are about my truck. Oh...wait...you're not thinking I'm going to let you drive Pepper, are you?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 years later...

Jes' a little somethin' extra:

''''* As of Q3 of 2020, GM has changed the PF63E to the PF63. You will receive a PF63 oil filter from this listing. GM's description of the changes and email to dealers is provided in the photos of this listing. The PF63E is no longer being shipped by GM. 

GM's notes on the new PF63 design:

- Larger cross section gasket to improve sealing and lock seam geometry robustness

- Metal endcaps adhered with hot melt

- Leak tested twice, second time with the gasket installed

- Automated assembly equipment with error proofing

- Molded nylon center tube

- OES (service) filter to be same as OEM (production) filter

- Cleanest filter GM has ever designed.'''"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2021 at 4:18 PM, BigBlueLB756 said:

Jes' a little somethin' extra:

''''* As of Q3 of 2020, GM has changed the PF63E to the PF63. You will receive a PF63 oil filter from this listing. GM's description of the changes and email to dealers is provided in the photos of this listing. The PF63E is no longer being shipped by GM. 

GM's notes on the new PF63 design:

- Larger cross section gasket to improve sealing and lock seam geometry robustness

- Metal endcaps adhered with hot melt

- Leak tested twice, second time with the gasket installed

- Automated assembly equipment with error proofing

- Molded nylon center tube

- OES (service) filter to be same as OEM (production) filter

- Cleanest filter GM has ever designed.'''"

Yes, I noticed this and isn't the can going to be more robust too?  The dual stage Oil pump might have been the killer of the PF63E

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just because I have trust issues, I change my oil every 4 to 5k miles. I'll never go by the ocm because it'll be near 10k before it gets to ocm warning. That to me is crazy since I pull a trailer with it all day and I feel like they added the ocm in vehicles to slowly wear down the internals and reduce the longevity of the motor. But like I said I have trust issues, so there's your dinner. 2019 1500 LD 44k miles. Edit- as far as the hour meter goes iirc every hr equals around 33 miles according to owners manual. 

Edited by TheLawnGuy
Forgot a thought