5.3 Exhaust Suggestions

I'm looking for exhaust suggestions i plan to do single side exit exhaust. I want something to give it some sound with little drone and i dont want it annoyingly loud. What do you guys suggest?

I'm looking for exhaust suggestions i plan to do single side exit exhaust. I want something to give it some sound with little drone and i dont want it annoyingly loud. What do you guys suggest?

I have a GM borla single side exit and I like it, has the flapper so no AFM chop, also no drone. It’s not super loud, but sounds good on a cold start and when you get on it. Otherwise everyone has good things to say about Corsa. I also like magnaflow, but not sure about a single side exit option, I had dual rear exit on my 2011.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Silveradoh said:

I have a GM borla single side exit and I like it, has the flapper so no AFM chop, also no drone. It’s not super loud, but sounds good on a cold start and when you get on it. Otherwise everyone has good things to say about Corsa. I also like magnaflow, but not sure about a single side exit option, I had dual rear exit on my 2011.

I need to do some research on this AFM Chop to see what its like on and exhaust without the flapper. Hows the price of the GM borla compared to the normal borla exhaust?

I need to do some research on this AFM Chop to see what its like on and exhaust without the flapper. Hows the price of the GM borla compared to the normal borla exhaust?

I found one lightly used and paid around $800, the black tips look awesome. I wanna say with the tips they’re around $1300 new. For sound reference, the GM kit is the same level of sound as the touring version of borlas regular exhaust systems. I’m sure it’s a bit more expensive than the normal borla, but If you don’t plan on getting something to remove the AFM (tune or range device), you will most likely have some chop when it goes into V4. It was pretty annoying on my 2011, meant to tune it out, but never got around to it.

2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=33003&share_tid=155832&url=https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/155832-2014%2B-Exhaust-Systems-%26-Mufflers&share_type=t

Here’s the link to the exhaust thread as well if you really wanna go down a wormhole lol.

2 minutes ago, Silveradoh said:

I found one lightly used and paid around $800, the black tips look awesome. I wanna say with the tips they’re around $1300 new. For sound reference, the GM kit is the same level of sound as the touring version of borlas regular exhaust systems. I’m sure it’s a bit more expensive than the normal borla, but If you don’t plan on getting something to remove the AFM (tune or range device), you will most likely have some chop when it goes into V4. It was pretty annoying on my 2011, meant to tune it out, but never got around to it.

Thanks for the input on this i would like to Tune but being new i dont want to void the warranty yet may end up going with a Range but i do like how the gm borla has the valve. 

• Like 1

I would suggest just cutting out the muffler.  Easy and cheap, and you'll get the sound you want.  Leave the resonator to reduce drone.

I took out the muffler and resonator, which would be too loud for what you are wanting but it sounds great.  Here's my truck:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/My1N5KJOxgA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I would suggest just cutting out the muffler.  Easy and cheap, and you'll get the sound you want.  Leave the resonator to reduce drone.

I took out the muffler and resonator, which would be too loud for what you are wanting but it sounds great.  Here's my truck:

Did you cut the flapper valve thing out too?

Yep that came out too.  the exhaust was cut after the 3rd cat and from there , added a y-pipe to make it dual exhaust. 

How’s the chop in v4 mode?

Check out my thread on here "2015 6.2 Sierra with Black Widow Venom 250" I give details about the V4 chop and drone.

Maybe the Venom 300 would be what you are looking for, it's a bigger version of the 250 so it'll be a bit tamer.

10 hours ago, Rally_18 said:

How’s the chop in v4 mode?

Here's another video, some driving towards the end of V4 mode from inside the cab:

54 minutes ago, SkiDooNick700 said:

Check out my thread on here "2015 6.2 Sierra with Black Widow Venom 250" I give details about the V4 chop and drone.

Maybe the Venom 300 would be what you are looking for, it's a bigger version of the 250 so it'll be a bit tamer.

Thanks ill look into it never heard of the brand muffler before

I just purchased the single side exit SLP, but I haven’t installed it yet. The clips on the net sound good, and it seems pretty quiet during cruising. We’ll see, and I’ll make sure to post when I install it.