Front wheel/hub noise

I've been chasing a front hub type wheel noise for a while now on my GMC 2016 Denali 2500HD. Here's the scenario so far:

Dealer told me it was tire road noise with the factory tires. They stunk anyway so i replaced them, same noise.

Dealer told me it was the aftermarket tires. Thanks but contradictory to your previous statement. Same noise.

Took it to a different dealer who said it was normal.

Read on a few forums there might be issues with the front hubs, replaced them. Same noise.

It comes on as low as 10 mph but is very pronounced at 30-40 mph and 60-65 mph. Sounds like a bad bearing but, if not the hub then what else? I can drive over different road surfaces and the noise remains the same and constant. I even put on a set of what are basically street tires from a friends truck just to double check and the noise remains. It's definitely rotational or masquerading as it is. I love the truck but the noise is driving me bonkers, so much that I'm thinking of selling it and moving to Dodge or Ford since the current model year GMC is the same design and would likely have the same issues.

Any known issues, thoughts or ideas about what else I could try to rid myself of this noise and continue enjoying my truck?

• 2 months later...

I experienced the same issue on my 2015, so I tried something a wheel and tire guru recommended, after having the dealer throw wheel hubs, rotors and CV shafts at it.  I asked the dealer to throw a set of 18" wheels and tires on from another truck on the lot ( I have 20's), and the noise was instantly gone.  In fact, the noise and ride quality was so much better I was willing to offer trading my wheels and tires straight across for the 18's (I only had 1000 miles on my truck), the dealer would not go for it.  It's purely wind noise between the front brake caliper and rim, and is horrible at about 30-40 mph.  I will never buy another HD truck with factory 20's.  I have since went up 2 tires sizes and the ride quality is much better.  Unfortunately the noise is still there.

That's really interesting.  I tried everything.  After having the noise issue, the seatbelt retractors constantly rattling in the pillar, GM fuel filter issues and probably the worst paint job I've ever had on a vehicle I sold it and bought a 2018 f250 king ranch 6.7 diesel. Light years ahead of the denali in every way.  

Good info to know though about the tire size!

• 2 weeks later...

I also thought maybe a hub but the sound didn't change while turning and disappeared depending on speed.  Dealer tried telling me it was my brakes pads rattling against the rust on the outer edge of disks causing the noise but if i rode my brakes and held the speed that i was noticing the noise it still made it so i knew it wasn't that either. 

Pull your tires off(or tire if its just one side) and look on the inner side of the dust shield between it and the a-arm.