Idiot scratch

Wow, sorry to see that. I'm sure you have a sick feeling in your belly. Some of these wheel repair guys can work miracles with this type or damage. They make their rounds to dealerships maybe you can make arrangements to meet one of the at your local dealer to get that taken care of.

• Like 2

The worst part about it is that I’m always giving my wife a hard time (in a fun playful way) about doing this same thing to her wheels on every car she has owned. Then I go ahead and do this to my truck. With her sitting right next to me! [emoji6]

I usually have some sort of minor boo boo on a vehicle when it’s new. My last Sierra I just traded in for this one had a chip on the driver door pillar after I opened it and the door hit the house outdoor light timer hanging on the wall in the garage.

It’s usually just that one initial mark I make when it’s new and that’s it till it’s time for a new vehicle. I must be cursed.

• Like 1

I did the same thing except I have 18s and it only got my tire. I had the feeling until I got out and looked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I had some 18s!

I posted this up after I curbed my rim. Good luck!

Curbed the rim pretty good the other day and thought “This is gonna cost me.” Unfortunately I don’t have a before pic because I was so hot when it happened I just wanted to fix it.  In total it was about 16 inches long and about an 1/8 to a 1/4 of an inch up the rim. I started with 80 grit and worked my way up to to 2000. After working for awhile the major gouges were smooth but as I’m looking at it I’m thinking “This really looks like shit.” I had over sanded onto parts of the rim that weren’t even damaged. Off to Lowes I go. At this point I’m looking for something to buff with and as helpful as the Lowes folks were I really didn’t want to buy a buffer. I was thinking more along the lines of something I could use with the cordless drill and then I walked by the gator headlight restoration kit. Worked like a charm! Just follow the directions as if you’re restoring a yellowed headlight lens and bam looks like new!

Never curbed a wheel on any vehicle ive owned but let me tell you...my 18 was my first new vehicle and probably my last. My old 03 got worked hard, driven through anything and wasnt treated fairly and nothing happened to the interior or exterior. Had the new truck 10 days and my coworker bumped my rear bumper in the lot. 15 days a shingle blew off my neighbors house in a bad storm and tore the hood all up. Less than a month had 2 windshield chips. This truck has been babied and all this has gone wrong. It is what it is and thats the way she goes. Pisses me off yeah but what can you do...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Never curbed a wheel on any vehicle ive owned but let me tell you...my 18 was my first new vehicle and probably my last. My old 03 got worked hard, driven through anything and wasnt treated fairly and nothing happened to the interior or exterior. Had the new truck 10 days and my coworker bumped my rear bumper in the lot. 15 days a shingle blew off my neighbors house in a bad storm and tore the hood all up. Less than a month had 2 windshield chips. This truck has been babied and all this has gone wrong. It is what it is and thats the way she goes. Pisses me off yeah but what can you do...

It’s always something....un....believable....

It’s always something....un....believable....

I know right? Probably not going to bother fixing any of it. Luckily the hitch took most of the hit in the rear, i compounded the hood to get all the dirt out of the scratches so its still there but not as noticeable. I ordered a set of clazzio leathers for the interior because im an auto tech and me and cloth seats dont get along. Im on vacation and the old lady gets sunscreen all over the seats, dash, door panel. I cant get the damn stuff off the leather with what i have here...maybe when i get home. At least its a truck not a sports car. Once hunting season comes around the newness will be totally gone after its getting decoys, dogs, guns, gear and dead critters loaded in it every weekend. Life aint perfect and thats what we deal with. Way she goes ya know

5 hours ago, Cupton said:

The worst part about it is that I’m always giving my wife a hard time (in a fun playful way) about doing this same thing to her wheels on every car she has owned. Then I go ahead and do this to my truck. With her sitting right next to me! emoji6.png

After all the grief I've given my wife about her driving and curbing her wheels over the years, I did it to her BRAND NEW Audi Q7 just weeks after we bought it. She was in the car and boy did she let me have it!!! :idiot:

• Haha 1

Thanks all! It’s at least good to read that it’s not just me that has the bad luck. I’m not too worried about it. The scuffs look and feel pretty shallow. I’m sure a good wheel guy can sand and polish them right up. Im going to ask the dealer about it on Tuesday when I’m there. I’m having the center console lid replaced under warranty. It sounds like I’m smashing a bag of potato chips when I put any pressure on it. Lots of creaks and cracking and crunching sounds. They thought I was crazy when I mentioned it to them till they heard it themselves.

16 hours ago, Cupton said:

Anybody else ever do this to a truck that has less than 500 miles on it? emoji30.png

f3c174aea5defa06bff4355d8faf8246.jpg

Please....take a seat rookie.  I hadn't even made the first payment on my 2014 when I took it through a car wash that had a hard left turn to get into and I gashed the entire rear driver's side fender.  Cost me $575 to repair.

• Like 2