JMW

Antenna

Question

Hi, I am a new owner of a beautiful 2016 GMC Canyon diesel. It is a crew-cab with a roof mounted antenna. This may be the age old question, but is there a good quality aftermarket antenna shorter than the OEM that still provides good reception? I'm sure I'm overreacting , but it's a little unsettling hearing your antenna bump the bottom of the open garage door. Thanks! Jim  

4 answers to this question

Yep. I have one. Didn't notice any difference in radio reception quality. Only $25.

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Colorado-2015-2018-Installs-Resistant/dp/B00PCO9VS6

Also, this forum is not as active for the midsize trucks. Come join us over at Coloradofans.com. its very active among the 2015-2018 Colorado/Canyon crowd.

Edited by fondupot

Rip it off and toss is in the backseat.

That’s what I did with mine at least. LOL.

In general, shorter antenna will result in limited receiver sensitivity primarily on the FM frequencies.  However, if the FM stations are within a few miles of your location it may not be noticeable.  The factory antenna is already a compromised because of its limited size. 

Edited by tedlaw

On 8/6/2018 at 9:09 PM, JMW said:

Hi, I am a new owner of a beautiful 2016 GMC Canyon diesel. It is a crew-cab with a roof mounted antenna. This may be the age old question, but is there a good quality aftermarket antenna shorter than the OEM that still provides good reception? I'm sure I'm overreacting , but it's a little unsettling hearing your antenna bump the bottom of the open garage door. Thanks! Jim  

I have the same one as FONDUPOT on a 17 Canyon, love it.