Let's see those bass knobs!

3 minutes ago, qwank said:

That's why you're supposed to set your gains with the knob hooked up and turned all the way up.  That way you can only use it to turn the gain down.  

With those amp knobs thats not true becsuse its basically a bass boost knob

Bass boostshould never be used

Edited by Nasty

1 minute ago, Nasty said:

With those amp knobs thats not true becsuse its basically a bass boost knob

I'm not sure about that.  I always set them the way I said and it according to my Distortion Detector, They don't add any more distortion,  it only turns the gain down.  

10 minutes ago, qwank said:

I'm not sure about that.  I always set them the way I said and it according to my Distortion Detector, They don't add any more distortion,  it only turns the gain down.  

What detector do you use?

4 minutes ago, Nasty said:

I will refrain from giving my opinion on that thing other than i threw mine across the parking lot years ago

that's 40hz, 1000hz went full volume clean. Stock radio, in case anyone was wondering about this lol 

Edited by qwank

7 minutes ago, qwank said:

that's 40hz, 1000hz went full volume clean. Stock radio, in case anyone was wondering about this lol 

What about 700htz? With a +3db slope? 15k hz at negative 3 slope? The dd1 is more of an "unwanted noise" detector thats not a true distortion detector.   I use an o-scope with fluke meter and rta

5 minutes ago, Nasty said:

What about 700htz? With a +3db slope? 15k hz at negative 3 slope? The dd1 is more of an "unwanted noise" detector thats not a true distortion detector.   I use an o-scope with fluke meter and rta

I Use the fluke meter too when setting my own stuff.  My friends get just the SMD :lol:  but most of them just care about how loud their subs can get and don't give a crap about sound quality.  

One day I'll spring for an O scope

Edited by qwank

21 minutes ago, qwank said:

I Use the fluke meter too when setting my own stuff.  My friends get just the SMD :lol:  but most of them just care about how loud their subs can get and don't give a crap about sound quality.  

One day I'll spring for an O scope

I have a 120 dollar o scope and a 70 rta mic.  Absolutely love it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Silva said:

Good setup haven't seen one installed like that before

Thanks

I was trying to find a spot in that area that wouldn't require too much chopping in behind. The back of that panel has lots of lines so where it ended up was the least amount of work that i know wouldn't affect anything else