Nav and user nav background updates

I'll start out by saying that visual design is often a subjective thing. That said, I enjoy the new background but it's busy and has made reading the core and user-nav incredibly challenging. I'd like to offer up a suggestion of darkening the background on the core nav from 0.4 opacity to 0.7. Additionally I'd like to suggest adding the same background color and style to the user-nav (top right with profile) that you have on the main bar. Again using the same opacity setting of 0.7 and adding 12px of padding and a border-radius to give it a nice modern look.

To be frank I care less about the look and mostly about the functionality but I can understand putting your best foot forward with both.

5b744278348a5_ScreenShot2018-08-15at11_07_00AM.thumb.png.83a71bd11851cbb3174f55ca2902223a.png

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Penguin VII said:

I'll start out by saying that visual design is often a subjective thing. That said, I enjoy the new background but it's busy and has made reading the core and user-nav incredibly challenging. I'd like to offer up a suggestion of darkening the background on the core nav from 0.4 opacity to 0.7. Additionally I'd like to suggest adding the same background color and style to the user-nav (top right with profile) that you have on the main bar. Again using the same opacity setting of 0.7 and adding 12px of padding and a border-radius to give it a nice modern look.

To be frank I care less about the look and mostly about the functionality but I can understand putting your best foot forward with both.

5b744278348a5_ScreenShot2018-08-15at11_07_00AM.thumb.png.83a71bd11851cbb3174f55ca2902223a.png

What setting menu are making these changes in?  I have a 15' Sierra SLT but I recently upgraded the Radio and HMI modules from MVI and learned they came from a 17' Tahoe.  I didn't see anything in the menu to change display type settings.

9 hours ago, dcarl said:

What setting menu are making these changes in?  I have a 15' Sierra SLT but I recently upgraded the Radio and HMI modules from MVI and learned they came from a 17' Tahoe.  I didn't see anything in the menu to change display type settings.

These aren't on your truck -- they are the header background at the top of these forums.

I HATE the new background since the new Silvy's make me throw up a little in my mouth every time I see them (but beauty is in the eye of the beholder).  My bigger problem is that I keep changing it to the 2016 Silverado and the changes don't stick -- each time I log out then back in it goes to the new background.

These aren't on your truck -- they are the header background at the top of these forums.

I HATE the new background since the new Silvy's make me throw up a little in my mouth every time I see them (but beauty is in the eye of the beholder).  My bigger problem is that I keep changing it to the 2016 Silverado and the changes don't stick -- each time I log out then back in it goes to the new background.
Ahhh, thanks for clarifying.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk