Nitto Ridge Grap wearing after a week

After a week, I can confidently say I LOVE these tires. They look and feel great, so far they are more quiet than my BFGs and way more aggressive. They are bigger and def heavier, notice a small decrease in power but that’s to be expected. My truck looked like a joke with the old tires on it so I’m ok with that. 

Curious what y’all think about the wear they have so far after a week. The outside edges seem to already be getting kinda torn up. I had it aligned and balanced, tracks nice and straight. I just wanna make sure what I’m seeing is normal. I will be rotating them very often, and I know that front tire edges are going to wear quickly due

to turning.

Let me know what you guys think. 

B53DF4B8-C61C-4469-91DA-70DAF68AD007.thumb.jpeg.f75afc5e3aa58099b076d3fa0fb63fd0.jpeg

B44DB656-97BD-41A0-8CF8-4DFA8919F691.thumb.jpeg.e4355b6aaf3d56e17c7a23835bb8f4bd.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

Yep, the edges scrub when turning.  Normal.  One of the downsides of aggressive tires on concrete.

Thank you sir. Already feel better. I told my wife, NO MORE TIRE GRINDING NOW NO MATTER WHAT. No exceptions. Lol

• Haha 1

After a week, I can confidently say I LOVE these tires. They look and feel great, so far they are more quiet than my BFGs and way more aggressive. They are bigger and def heavier, notice a small decrease in power but that’s to be expected. My truck looked like a joke with the old tires on it so I’m ok with that. 

Curious what y’all think about the wear they have so far after a week. The outside edges seem to already be getting kinda torn up. I had it aligned and balanced, tracks nice and straight. I just wanna make sure what I’m seeing is normal. I will be rotating them very often, and I know that front tire edges are going to wear quickly due
to turning.

Let me know what you guys think. 

B53DF4B8-C61C-4469-91DA-70DAF68AD007.thumb.jpeg.f75afc5e3aa58099b076d3fa0fb63fd0.jpeg
B44DB656-97BD-41A0-8CF8-4DFA8919F691.thumb.jpeg.e4355b6aaf3d56e17c7a23835bb8f4bd.jpeg

Your Truck looks Awesome! Just had mine installed last week, replacing two different sets of KO2’s that never quite balanced correctly causing vibrations at high speeds. Mine are 285/60/20’s and I LOVE them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s mine

fd711fadc3827036c63b99274a8f3440.jpg

Trimming was done (left front wheel) just to the bottom left of that little black screw, took off about two inches. Crazy thing was that the right front wheel didn’t really need it, did it anyway but the alignment has a lot to do with it. Two alignments, one after 2.25” level and one after front 5100’s installed. Apparently, alignment has a lot to do with it.

a8c4a1045daf213c4d9db5411427cfa7.png

Those look great!! I wanted those so bad but couldn't due to only lasting about 15k-20k but to be expected with an aggressive tire. I ended up getting the G2's.

You’re thinking mud terrain, These are the Nitto Ridge Grapplers, hybrids. They’ve got an estimated 50K - 60K miles life expectancy. I replaced two sets of 285/60/20’s KO2’s with these cause the KO2’s just wouldn’t balance no matter how many road force balancing was performed, the KO2’s required large amounts of weight where as these Nitto’s barely need any weight. The drive is an enormous difference too.

You’re thinking mud terrain, These are the Nitto Ridge Grapplers, hybrids. They’ve got an estimated 50K - 60K miles life expectancy. I replaced two sets of 285/60/20’s KO2’s with these cause the KO2’s just wouldn’t balance no matter how many road force balancing was performed, the KO2’s required large amounts of weight where as these Nitto’s barely need any weight. The drive is an enormous difference too.

No, I’m talking about these. My brother had these on his High Country and got 19k out of them. He’s on his 3rd set within 50k. He drives 200 miles a day but loves the look and his company pays for the tires. There is no mileage warranty on this tire. Check reviews on this tire. Only negative is mileage. Now you might be confused on the mileage rating. The Terra Grapplers have a mileage warranty of 50k on some tires.