17',18' Max Tow Package 9200-9600lbs daily???

I would buy a 6L 2500 TBH. New diesels are plagued with aftertreatment issues and should be avoid if at all possible, take this from a guy who has over 15 diesel engines and 4 modern DEF/EGR units. Not enough weight to justify a Duramax, and too much for a half ton daily. My last 2 HD's have been 6L's and they are great, wont beat a Mustang in a stoplight race like a 6.2L or 6.6L but it will fill the void you have perfectly. New diesels are a nightmare and you will find you are missing a lot of work because they are derated and sent to the service bay. The saying with new DEF diesel trucks is you need to have 3 in order to have 1 working full time. The older Dmax's were great, I have an 05 , 07 and a 13, the 13 is somewhat problematic but the new DEF ones will CEL you to death trust me. That 6L will have you slinging burgers daily, the diesel might have you working 3 out of 4 weeks per month on average if you are lucky. 

Edited by L86 All Terrain
  • Like 1