Service Stabilitrak/ABS

Was doing some off-roading yesterday and used hill descent control coming down a fairly steep trail. The system disengaged and then I got two messages on my DIC, one saying service stabilitrak and the other service ABS. Once I turned off the truck and restarted it, the service lights disappeared and the message didn't come back. Anyone know what might have caused this or what the issue might be? I plan on taking it in and having the dealer look at it when I get my oil changed but I'm not too concerned since the warning went away after I restarted the truck and hasn't come back on since. Just curious what might have caused this. 

I also had the Service Stabilitrac message come on. Started when they were doing road work and there was lots of tiny pebbles on a highway. Took it to the dealer, and they noted cause: “DTC C0196-5A in EBCM”. They explained to me its a known issue with my 2016 CCSB. Pebble or rock hits a sensor and trips the alert. Fix was 1. Apply vibration deadening material to transmission tunnel and 2. Replace module part # 13512417. Have not had the issue since. Mine was covered under warranty.

Take a look at TSB 15-05-25-001

Edited by Tick Tackler
Added TSB number

I have had this happen to me as well, it happened on a unpaved rather rocky road as I was going down hill with the hill descent control on. The first message that came on was "stibiltrack control needs service" after coming to a stop it went away then I continued down hill and applied the hill descent again on unpaved bumpy road and the same message came on again. but after getting back on paved road the message didnt come back on. This has only happened on this same strech of downhill in the same conditions. I'm due for a oil change and have free one with the dealer will bring it up with them and mention the above info and report back.  

• Like 1

On 9/2/2018 at 7:47 PM, Cesar1833 said:

I have had this happen to me as well, it happened on a unpaved rather rocky road as I was going down hill with the hill descent control on. The first message that came on was "stibiltrack control needs service" after coming to a stop it went away then I continued down hill and applied the hill descent again on unpaved bumpy road and the same message came on again. but after getting back on paved road the message didnt come back on. This has only happened on this same strech of downhill in the same conditions. I'm due for a oil change and have free one with the dealer will bring it up with them and mention the above info and report back.  

Let me know how that goes! Which dealer do you go to? I'm in West Jordan but I got my truck from Jerry Seiner up near downtown.

43 minutes ago, swoleymammoth said:

Let me know how that goes! Which dealer do you go to? I'm in West Jordan but I got my truck from Jerry Seiner up near downtown.

I will bud, I picked up mine at Jerry Siener north salt lake they have always been great to deal with Tom the service advisor is a awesome guy. I now go to the Sandy location and they too are really a great bunch have always taken care of me and answered any questions I’ve had and told me whether or not it’s was worth spending the extra on certain services or if I could do it myself. I’m going in this week and I’ll let you know how it goes!

This may, or may not apply: Check the camera that is attached to the rear view mirror and the windshield. When my windshield was replaced, the camera stopped working, kept getting service stabilitrack message, and I believe the abs message, too, and lane departure rumbler in the seat stopped working. I unplugged the camera and ran the truck and later reattached the cable to the camera, and it reset itself. I ended up keeping the two plastic trim pieces off and the Stabilitrack issues went away. 14 Gmc Sierra Slt. Picture is upside down.

IMG_1786.JPG

Edited by William Thompson
Add photo

My ABS and Stabilitrack sensors both went off today. Drove it over to Chevy and they said the front ABS wheel speed sensor was throwing the codes. The service guy checked it and saw that the rubber around the wires had worn off and probably hit metal which caused the warning lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk