Inertgated brake controller

So the only option that I wanted that I didn't get was the brake controller. I am in the process of adding a Compustar RS/Security system with Drone Mobile module. I pulled the left hand vent and the truck seems to be pre-wired for a brake controller. Does anyone know if it's as simple as adding the controller if it is pre-wired.1cd0c2efb06bdd910d389ba4e7297f1f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

It is not that simple or even possible to add the factory controller to a truck that didn't come with it. I looked into it when I got my 14. I guess it ties into a bunch of stuff that there is no way to make it work unless it came from the factory with the controller. You'll have to go aftermarket to add a brake controller. 

• Like 1

Nope.  Other pieces missing from the system. 

#PIT5241F: Adding Integrated Trailer Brake Controller RPO JL1 - (Sep 10, 2018)

Condition/Concern

Some customers may request the factory Integrated Trailer Brake Controller (RPO JL1) be installed on their Full-Size Pickup or SUV when the vehicle was not ordered with the option. This is to advise you that, if the vehicle does not have the option (RPO JL1), it cannot be added to the vehicle. 

Note: Reference the latest version of PI1105- which advises how to install an aftermarket trailer brake controller.

As stated above not possible at this time to add the integrated because it’s integrated. There’s a GM accessories option for one that goes under the dash in the catalog that takes less than an hour to install. Also in your truck somewhere there should be the pigtail to plug an aftermarket market one in, all non integrated trucks where supposed to come with one.

Here’s a thread with some other mounting positions if your not interested in having a knee banger.