5.3 tick?!?!

20 minutes ago, sefiroxx said:

Likely a lifter, less likely is a noisy injector

If a lifter, Inevitably, you at looking at replacing it at some point. Your valve cover is going to be leaking at some point, so might as well pull head at the same time and replace lifters.

Do not have to pull heads for lifters. Just intake and valve cover then push rods. Does the engine oil pressure fall when this happens? Gen 3 motors are prone to oil pump pickup tube seal hardening after time and leaks air into oil system causing pockets of air to circulate. Make sense when oil is at the thinnest being warmed up vs cold or high rpm. 

3 hours ago, Cammedsilveradodude said:

Do not have to pull heads for lifters. Just intake and valve cover then push rods. Does the engine oil pressure fall when this happens? Gen 3 motors are prone to oil pump pickup tube seal hardening after time and leaks air into oil system causing pockets of air to circulate. Make sense when oil is at the thinnest being warmed up vs cold or high rpm. 

My oil pressure at hot idle is 30-35 and driving down the road is 40+

12 minutes ago, Cammedsilveradodude said:

Can you be more descriptive? Is it a knock or tick? Just one sound or like multiple ticks? It could be anything from exhaust gasket blowout to loose converter bolts or cracked flex plate. Lol. 

Almost sounds like a ting ting ting. Not a rattle or anything. It’s not a knock like a rod bearing. It’s not exhaust because it’s quiet as a mouse on cold start up. It’s definitely the top end.

1 minute ago, Cammedsilveradodude said:

As far as my knowledge goes, removing valve covers is super easy and then check rocker arms and clearance. 

Ok it’s just wierd because it’s dead quiet on cold start up and I’ll drive it a few miles and the loud tick will happen and gets faster with rpm and as soon as I get the rpms up a little it goes away and dead quiet again and no tick the rest of the day. Doesn’t happen everyday. Maybe once a week or so.