2018 Colorado Remote start

tomsoxfan

Question

I have a new 2018 Colorado LT, 6 Cyl that came with remote start. The remote starts the engine with no problems, but doesnt turn the heat (when i leave it on the night b4) or radio on till i put the key in

is this normal & if so, whats the sense of remote start in Boston during the winter if heat/defroster dont come on

2 answers to this question

My Sierra leaves the displays off but the heat does come up and run based off of my settings it was on.

Gm for some reason will only turn the seat heaters on now if their is weight in the seat. my 2013 Traverse was the last vehicle I had from GM that would warm the seats under remote start.

This is probably for a silly safety reason or people complained the seats were to hot BS.

Set your heat to max and see if it is running.

The other issues with the direct injected engines it they take longer to heat up.

My 3.6 in my Traverse was the same way.

You may just not have enough heat yet try remote starting it twice to see if the longer run puts out heat.

The 5.3 takes forever to warm up on cold days. 

yeah, none of the interior buttons or lights turn on until you put the key in. Just like the heated seats. They are on even though the button doesn't light up. 

you can turn the radio on by hitting the power button even without a key in the ignition.