4.10 Gears

I had thought and forgive me for the idiocy.

Stock height truck with 4.10’s isn’t all that bad right?

I’ve been having this dream lately that I may remove my 6” RC lift and go back to stock. However truck does have 4.10 gears in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'll be a hot rod, 4.10s and a 4.03 first gear will get you going easy. The .67 sixth gear will pull it down fine with stock height tires, you should see 2100 rpms or so at 70 mph.

The only thing is you might get tired of the exhaust on the highway it will likely drone with the higher RPMs. 

If anything it will likely drone less with the higher rpm.  I have never had a vehicle in my life get quieter with lower rpm within reason on the highway.  The exterior noise may be more but the reverberating drone throb in the cab disappears.  My 2017 is exactly that... with the stock 3.73s and 33's it was awful to drive.  Ran at like 1700 rpm and throbbed like mad.  4.56s with the same tire and 70 mph equals 2100 rpm and its quiet inside.  

• Thanks 1

I’ve only got a leveled front end (1.25” Bilstein shocks) and I run with 4.56 in my daily driver. It’s f*ing sweet. Still makes me laugh launching from a red light in 4x4 with a torque brake.

Going 70mph on the highway my engine is at 2175 RPMs and the gears cannot be heard over my tires, Cooper STT Pro. Neither is obnoxiously loud.

You’ll love it.

And agreed on the drone. The low rpm and heavy load is what causes drone. Higher rpm with a lighter load will drone less. Of course if you wrap it up to 3000 or so it’ll probably start droning but around 2100-2300 seems to be a sweet spot.

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level