Vibration/Buzzing in gas pedal when accelerating

I have recently noticed a vibration, or buzzing on my newly purchased 2018 GMC sierra 1500. I feel it in most in the gas pedal while accelerating. I don’t notice it while cruising on the highway, mainly just during acceleration, or 1500-1900 rpm’s . I don’t feel like it was there when I first purchased the truck. I think I started to feel it around 2,500 miles (now at 3,000). It’s driving me nuts! I’ve read through the few threads listed on here and others have experienced it, but not a whole lot of solutions. Some feel it is an exhaust, resonating issue. Others used tape, wedged up under the pedal assembly (really? double sided tape on my new 60K vehicle!?!?). One person said they took theirs in and it was the 4 wheel drive not fully disengaging. I will say about a month ago I was cleaning the dash and knocked the 4 wheel drive switch over to 4H and didn’t notice it until I started it up the next day and drove to the end of the street… could that of done anything? I guess before I call the dealership, I wanted to see if I’m just being crazy, and this is normal feel for these trucks. Just can't seem to let it go, and is now I can think about while driving it. 

I have a similar issue. Under acceleration around 1600-2100 RPM I hear a vibration noise but it sounds like a heat shield that is loose. It’s mainly coming from the passenger side, or at least that’s where it sounds like. I have checked everything on the dash and in the glove box with no fix. I’m curious what other may say about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have an electronically controlled transfer case, you didn’t hurt it by inadvertently switching it to 4Hi. The transfer case won’t switch unless it won’t hurt the truck under that scenario. If you ever see that the knob’s indicator light isn’t lit (as in completely off) when you have it at a certain setting, that means it’s not engaged at that setting and you need to turn the knob back to the previous setting for the light to return.

For example, if you were in 4lo and tried to switch to 2wd without switching to neutral or while traveling too fast. Even though the knob physically points to 2wd, the knob’s light would turn off. When you turn the knob back to 4lo, the light would return (on 4lo). In that scenario, the transfer case won’t change until you switched the knob back to 4lo and followed the proper procedure to go to 2wd.

When the light is flashing, the transfer case is shifting. When it’s solid, it’s engaged. When it’s off, the knob’s position doesn’t reflect the transfer case’s actual engagement.

Unfortunately, I don’t have an answer about the pedal issue you are having.

• 1 month later...