12/10/18 (HD's) More Diesels than 6.0 on dealer lots (?)

22 hours ago, Colossus said:

Congrats on finding one!  The sunroof is my biggest worry too.  I love them, but I don't know.  If you plan on holding onto the truck for the long run then going without it is not a bad idea.  But if you plan on getting a new truck in 6 years then I think the risk of issues with the roof will be minimal. 

Don't ever expect your brand loyalty to mean anything to the manufacturers and companies now a days.  You are replaceable.

at times your dealer/salesman ... can be  / will be a big asset to a problem - I think the Manufacturer is not as responsive until the dealer is onboard +-

Don't ever expect your brand loyalty to mean anything to the manufacturers and companies now a days.  You are replaceable.

at times your dealer/salesman ... can be  / will be a big asset to a problem - I think the Manufacturer is not as responsive until the dealer is onboard +-

I believe it’s the other way around, dealerships won’t warranty something unless they know they’re getting paid for doing it.

Sent from above

Congrats on finding one!  The sunroof is my biggest worry too.  I love them, but I don't know.  If you plan on holding onto the truck for the long run then going without it is not a bad idea.  But if you plan on getting a new truck in 6 years then I think the risk of issues with the roof will be minimal. 

I’ve owned a huge amount of vehicles with sunroofs and never had an issue, ever

Sent from above
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TXGREEK said:

I believe it’s the other way around, dealerships won’t warranty something unless they know they’re getting paid for doing it.

Sent from above

and that's why I said IF the Dealer is with YOU - the Manu will usually agree ...

On 1/28/2019 at 4:13 PM, ITS_CLN said:

I guess I got really lucky ordering the truck I wanted.  Wow.

I thought I wanted the sunroof but I’m scared it will leak!

Have you had issues with a sunroof leaking on a 2500HD Silverado or Sierra in the past or are you going off of other people who have had issues?  

1 hour ago, AronB said:

Have you had issues with a sunroof leaking on a 2500HD Silverado or Sierra in the past or are you going off of other people who have had issues?  

One guy said his Silverado or Sierra leaked.  I've heard of other people have issues as well.

• Thanks 1

Took delivery of my truck this afternoon.  Just got home from a trip to Hartford and I can say the following:  I never realized how much I missed the trailer mirrors and the sunroof (just enjoyed having the shade open and the light coming in)...glad I got them.  It was also nice to know exactly what I was getting running gear wise.  The technology and layout upgrades that have been done since 2012 are also nice.  My only gripe is having to take the time to find the proper seat adjustment...my body lets me know by being pain free when that is the case.  Have a cap on order for it...got another A.R.E since I had good luck with the one I put on my Silverado.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gearheadesw said:

I have heard that tires blow out, so I'm going to avoid them.

Really?

My friends girlfriend's Ford Fusion leaks.  Sure its not a Chevy.  It leaks.   Same guy's dad has a 2500HD with no sunroof.  It doesn't leak (he was smart).

I'm not going to chance it with a $65,000 truck and a $5,000 interior seat package.  No thanks.  I have to keep this vehicle for a minimum of ten years just to get my moneys worth.  This isn't a throw away purchase.  This is most likely the second to last truck I will ever buy.  Or maybe third but I'm getting close to being done with vehicles in this lifetime!

36 minutes ago, ITS_CLN said:

My friends girlfriend's Ford Fusion leaks.  Sure its not a Chevy.  It leaks.   Same guy's dad has a 2500HD with no sunroof.  It doesn't leak (he was smart).

I'm not going to chance it with a $65,000 truck and a $5,000 interior seat package.  No thanks.  I have to keep this vehicle for a minimum of ten years just to get my moneys worth.  This isn't a throw away purchase.  This is most likely the second to last truck I will ever buy.  Or maybe third but I'm getting close to being done with vehicles in this lifetime!

I ordered a sunroof in the 05 F-350 Super Duty  I had for 7 yrs..not a drop of water leaked in that truck...the 6.0 Powerstroke on the other hand...that’s how Infound my way back to a GM vehicle. 

I personally don't want one either, to hot here in Florida to really use a sunroof. I would buy a truck that was a smoking deal the had a sunroof no problem, but won't be shopping for one specifically with a sunroof, that's for sure.

So, from 6.0's to sunroofs, love these forums.

Still a bunch on the lots down here.

Edited by gearheadesw
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, gearheadesw said:

I'm going to guess here, GM sells maybe, what, 33,000 sunroof trucks a year? Lets say 33 leak a year, new. That's what, .03 of a percent? I would say your odds of getting a leaking sunroof are low, I dunno.

kinda / not

actually .001

• Like 2