Phoenix Android Radio 12" touchscreen

I did do a search to see if this has been posted before & nothing came up , But we all know

search don't work so well . So I am sorry if this has been discussed  ...

Has anyone installed this Plug & Play unit ?   Phoenix Android Radio 12" touchscreen

I did message them to ask a few questions about our factory options in our trucks &

They claim we keep all our factory options = Navigation , Sirius xm , On Star , WiFi , AA ,

Apple carplay & any other factory options we have in our trucks .

Here is a link to place that sells it == 

https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.com/collections/chevrolet/products/12-1-android-7-1-fast-boot-vertical-screen-navigation-radio-for-chevrolet-silverado-2014-2018?variant=8420038508601

here's a couple pics ==

truck screen.jpg

truck screen1.jpg

4 minutes ago, wishfulhunter said:

I’ve looked into them but the price is steep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$999.99 New & $639.99 for open box , That's about the price for other options to just get Android auto & Apple carplay .

Edited by PAPER

Do not get this unit. I have no experience with it directly but a handful of reasons why:

• The tech is based off a cheap consumer android tablet. Generally these tablets have degrading performance over time much more severely than the OEM tech. You won't notice this the first few weeks but you will most surely notice after a few months.
  • You really don't want all your controls on a screen. It may seem nice because you can use the extra space but it's going to be annoying over time when you try and adjust the A/C and can't get it right because its a touch screen. This will be more painful once the tablet starts to slow down.
  • Boot time is horrendous on these things from what I've read.
  • The volume and fan are switched, which is annoying.

5 hours ago, wishfulhunter said:

Also these units do not have SIM cards. So you have to hotspot to get data. Boooo. Would rather add a SIM to my plan for $5 more a month.

wE DO HAVE INTERNET IN OUR TRUCKS DON'T WE ...

4 hours ago, wishfulhunter said:

Yeah but it ain’t worth no $30+ a month!!!!
I can add a phone on my plan and share data for just $5 more.

Or just hit the hot spot widget on my main screen of my phone.  That costs me nothing every month.

• Like 1

Im wondering if the bose sound quality is compromised... it would be good to read up on this before you install it or buy one. Look for the reviews I seldomly get anything under 4 and 1/2 Stars. How long it's been out? What the upgrade policies are? And Company service support?

Im wondering if the bose sound quality is compromised... it would be good to read up on this before you install it or buy one. Look for the reviews I seldomly get anything under 4 and 1/2 Stars. How long it's been out? What the upgrade policies are? And Company service support?

I've messaged them several times and it always took a week or more for them to respond.

1 hour ago, KJS Sullivan said:

Bose and sound quality should not be in the same sentence

• Like 3
  • Haha 1