Gremlins in my truck

Looking for opinions on the problems I am having.

Bought used 2014 Silverado LTZ at 57,000 miles, Now have 63,000.

Installed a Diablosport I1000 from day 1 with 87 tune and AFM disabled. Then installed inTune i3 8245 Platinum with a Diablew Tune for 87 0ctane with better shift points and AFM disabled at around 1000/1500 miles in mid August.

Installed an upgraded HMI Module and Radio Module Three weeks ago. Original had Nav, new one does not. Upgraded to Android Auto.

I have gone into the settings in the dash many times trying to chase Gremlins.

Gremlin 1  Auto folding mirrors folded correctly after shutting off the ignition maybe on three occasions in first 1000 miles. In the last month they have folded while backing out of my drive way three different times.

Gremlin 2  The memory seats would move from 1 or 2 with a simple push and release of the button, three out of five times during first month. Now you have to hold button down till the seat has moved all the way into the memorized position. In the last week, the seat would move from first memorized position to second memorized position after unlocking door with the remote and opening door. This happened three times in two days.

Gremlin 3  Driver window would open immediately after an automatic close. Just like it bounced off the top. It Did this 6 or 7 times on three separate occasions, in the last month. Had to manually close window by pushing button halfway.

Gremlin 4  Intermittent since day 1. Door locks will sometimes lock with a single push of the button along with chime sound and lock after closing door. Sometimes you have to push twice because you get no chime. The doors lock. Sometimes you get a slightly delayed chime with a single push and it locks itself after closing door.

Gremlin 5  In early November, the truck set a P050D code during cold remote start on one occasion on first cold morning of the year, was around 30 degrees. lasted for two days. I cleared code and it has not recurred. I put a can of injector cleaner in tank.

Gremlin 6  Climate control doesn't work the same as I remember when using remote start. Kind of lengthy.

Do I need to get the BCM reflashed?

8 hours ago, snailtrax said:

Looking for opinions on the problems I am having.

Bought used 2014 Silverado LTZ at 57,000 miles, Now have 63,000.

Installed a Diablosport I1000 from day 1 with 87 tune and AFM disabled. Then installed inTune i3 8245 Platinum with a Diablew Tune for 87 0ctane with better shift points and AFM disabled at around 1000/1500 miles in mid August.

Installed an upgraded HMI Module and Radio Module Three weeks ago. Original had Nav, new one does not. Upgraded to Android Auto.

I have gone into the settings in the dash many times trying to chase Gremlins.

Gremlin 1  Auto folding mirrors folded correctly after shutting off the ignition maybe on three occasions in first 1000 miles. In the last month they have folded while backing out of my drive way three different times.

Gremlin 2  The memory seats would move from 1 or 2 with a simple push and release of the button, three out of five times during first month. Now you have to hold button down till the seat has moved all the way into the memorized position. In the last week, the seat would move from first memorized position to second memorized position after unlocking door with the remote and opening door. This happened three times in two days.

Gremlin 3  Driver window would open immediately after an automatic close. Just like it bounced off the top. It Did this 6 or 7 times on three separate occasions, in the last month. Had to manually close window by pushing button halfway.

Gremlin 4  Intermittent since day 1. Door locks will sometimes lock with a single push of the button along with chime sound and lock after closing door. Sometimes you have to push twice because you get no chime. The doors lock. Sometimes you get a slightly delayed chime with a single push and it locks itself after closing door.

Gremlin 5  In early November, the truck set a P050D code during cold remote start on one occasion on first cold morning of the year, was around 30 degrees. lasted for two days. I cleared code and it has not recurred. I put a can of injector cleaner in tank.

Gremlin 6  Climate control doesn't work the same as I remember when using remote start. Kind of lengthy.

Do I need to get the BCM reflashed?

Is it the original battery? These trucks do not like old, weak batteries.

Check all the power and ground wires starting with the battery cables. The engine block has 4 ground wires on it. One is the battery cable. They need to be clean and tight. Battery cable at fuse block, same thing.
This is after you know your battery is good.
The drivers window is probably the motor, it has a sensor in it for the auto up.. It senses the pressure on the glass to reverse if something is in the way.. motor sensor is bad.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, snailtrax said:

I am not sure. I will check later today. If it is the original battery, can't I have it tested? A new battery would be an expensive test. I would not have a problem replacing if necessary.

How much is a dependable vehicle worth to you?

A new battery is one of the least expensive maintenance parts and one of the most important parts in these new trucks IMO.

:)

• Like 1

Greetings I have been checking grounds. I have an internment shift problem that sometimes knocks out the speedo and rpm gages. The codes point to shift selinoids which were replaced. I did a hard reset and will give specific s in another thread. Can you tell me where to find these ground atachment s are they all at the engine block? Im curious as to why the problem will reset not always by unhooking the positive side of the battery for a minute or 3? Thank you for your experience and help. 1995 k2500 Cheyenne i believe there are 16 bolts on my transmission pan. 350 engine.[emoji223]

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Hillwood said:

Check all the power and ground wires starting with the battery cables. The engine block has 4 ground wires on it. One is the battery cable. They need to be clean and tight. Battery cable at fuse block, same thing.
This is after you know your battery is good.
The drivers window is probably the motor, it has a sensor in it for the auto up.. It senses the pressure on the glass to reverse if something is in the way.. motor sensor is bad.

Can you tell me where the grounds are on the engine? Maybe a link to some pictures or a thread to read? I have already checked and corrected the grounds on the dash behind the speakers on both sides. left side I had to trim the plastic rubber to clear the nut. No improvement.

Follow the battery cables to find points.. Clean and tighten them..
Right above the vacuum pump there should be a double wire ground..
Then there are two gound wires.. One on back of each head.. You might need to pull the wheel liners to even see them.