Hood scoop - Need your opinion .

I bought the air design hood scoop which comes in satin black , my car color is dark slate metallic which has lot of chrome emblem and grill so black will never look good on the car , I’m painting it tomorrow to the same car color which I’m really not exited about and does not know will it look good or not ) , if someone has a better idea about the color will be appreciated ( last image I just put the scoop on the car to see how it looks ) .

IMG_7344.jpgIMG_7345.jpg

IMG_7349.jpgIMG_7348.jpgIMG_7342.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Satin black wood look fine on there because it would match the balance on your front end, or the car color paint would look fine. Don't paint it Orange :-)

[emoji23] I was not going to paint weird color , I was going for dark slate metallic ( which is somehow greenish gray .
If I kept it satin black it will not look good as it is neither a harmony nor a contrast

I agree with KJS Sullivan that satin black would look good on your truck.  Satin black is a nice stand alone colour but there are other flat black features on your truck.  Will this scoop be made functional or is it decorative?

I agree with KJS Sullivan that satin black would look good on your truck.  Satin black is a nice stand alone colour but there are other flat black features on your truck.  Will this scoop be made functional or is it decorative?

No it is only decorative , I don’t have any black color on my car ( dark slate metallic + chrome emblems + gmc red logo ) additional black I think it will mess it up .

28 minutes ago, khaledsamy36 said:

No it is only decorative , I don’t have any black color on my car ( dark slate metallic + chrome emblems + gmc red logo ) additional black I think it will mess it up .

Valance, mirror supports, shark fin? (prob.not)  tires....   Colour is definitely a personal decision. just as adding this type of bling is personal.  Satin black and purposeful would be my choice. I look forward to a picture of the finished product!

• Like 2

Okay this is my last input. I took a good look at your truck through your pictures you say you don't have black on your truck what about the valance under the bumper? What about the backsides of the mirrors? What about your satellite antenna? What about your running boards? What about your wheel trims? What about your running boards and tires?

Personally I would recommend doing the satin black and getting rid of the red GMC by putting a satin black wrap on that and that will try everything in so much better.

Unless you sent a pictures of a different truck I'm totally confused when you said you're loaded with chrome.

Body color would look fine but honestly the satin black would look much better as it would stand out and tie in all of your other black accessories.

Just my opinion.

Okay I said that was my last post but it's not. Why don't you just try putting it on the way it comes satin black and if you don't like it take it off and paint it that way you get to see it both different ways.

Either way that is a very good-looking truck and I do love the color.