Air bag inflation valve location

My Air Lift SlamAir helper bag kit arrived and I'm wondering where you guys and gals mount the inflation valve. I'm going to "T" the lines together and have a single inflation valve. I don't see a situation where I'll need to load level from left to right.

Thanks in advance

Tom

I like the license plate bolt idea, that's slick. I don't want to mess with an onboard compressor. The only time I'll need to add air is when I tow the trailer and I have a Milwaukee 12 volt inflator on board at all times. e7eb0270261fcf0a453e06130fb40c25.jpg

Agreed it’s really overkill unless you’re using it every day. I tow once a month and thought about getting the wireless one system but 350 bucks is a decent amt of coin for something that will barely get used. I’ve read a few reviews stating the manifold leaks at time too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed it’s really overkill unless you’re using it every day. I tow once a month and thought about getting the wireless one system but 350 bucks is a decent amt of coin for something that will barely get used. I’ve read a few reviews stating the manifold leaks at time too.

Exactly, sometimes less is more....

Exactly, sometimes less is more....

Yep.

The license plate bolts are easy just pop the plastic piece out.

I used the second valve on the other side so it looks the same. Actually had them plumbed separately at first but they didn’t get along with each other (one side would be half an inch to an inch lower at the same pressures. Airlift suggested for towing just plumb them together. Equal load.

• Like 1

Had the FireStone AirBags on my DMax with remote in cab switches. I loved it when towing my 5th Wheel and especially during rainy days it was very convenient not ever having to get out, standing outside in bad weather manually filling air bags that literally needed resetting air pressure. Very convenient but not if you’re towing once or twice a year.

fe5c9730b0b42116b6bbc61098c3860b.jpg

Sent from above

3 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Had the FireStone AirBags on my DMax with remote in cab switches. I loved it when towing my 5th Wheel and especially during rainy days it was very convenient not ever having to get out, standing outside in bad weather manually filling air bags that literally needed resetting air pressure. Very convenient but not if you’re towing once or twice a year.

Agreed. I tow my boat 1-2 times a week.  I would hate to need to fill/empty the bags manually each time I towed...or worse yet, each time I go down the boat ramp.

Smart Air 2 setup is $350 but you don't even need a controller. Just does everything for you and basically replicates what GM used to offer with the auto-leveling suspension (which I really miss having).

Agreed. I tow my boat 1-2 times a week.  I would hate to need to fill/empty the bags manually each time I towed...or worse yet, each time I go down the boat ramp.

Smart Air 2 setup is $350 but you don't even need a controller. Just does everything for you and basically replicates what GM used to offer with the auto-leveling suspension (which I really miss having).

I’ll look into the firestone one. The wirelessOne from airlift seems pricey and has iffy reviews

4 hours ago, djw88 said:

inside the gas door

Exactly where I put mine to. I have installed 2 Firestone kits on a 2007 1500 and 2011 1500 never touched them since. Work great. 

Edited by crankman

I’ll look into the firestone one. The wirelessOne from airlift seems pricey and has iffy reviews

I’d stay clear from the wireless setup, fixed dual gauges under steering wheel is what I had and worked great. Just make sure to get the dual gauges that are lit up.

Sent from above

• Like 1