Bad rear end or brakes locking up?

Sometimes when the roads are wet I'll spin the tires at a light but I noticed that sometimes when I make a turn in these conditions the rear wheels seem to lock up or atleast one wheel. It makes like a thud sound when I keep going but then it goes away. It's only when its wet out. Is my rear end going out or is the abs or breaks just doing what they're designed to do when the tires spin? 

That is interesting, what are some details on the truck, year, model ext.

Have you pulled the diff cover and checked the rear end, listen to it and check it out. Does it have a G80 rear diff?

I have a 2004 Sierra with Cooper htp tires. With no weight in the rear, light rain , I'll spin the tires at a stop. Did not do that that with Michelin ltz's. Heavy rain, and the tires are fine.

I've never experienced a compete lockup of a wheel/wheels but have had the abs kick in at times.

What tires are you running?

It's a 2008 Silverado with a g80. 3.73 gears. Havent pulled the cover off but I'm thinking of replacing the diff fluid and seeing what it looks like. Did it as I was pulling into a parking space at the gym. Drove 20 minutes to work no problem. Its almost like the wheel gets stuck when it does it.

56 minutes ago, Chevybass said:

It's a 2008 Silverado with a g80. 3.73 gears. Havent pulled the cover off but I'm thinking of replacing the diff fluid and seeing what it looks like. Did it as I was pulling into a parking space at the gym. Drove 20 minutes to work no problem. Its almost like the wheel gets stuck when it does it.

I would for sure check the fluid, locking up could always get worse if not seenough too. I would thinking getting the rear end off the ground and spinning by hand would be a good start. 

I made a video when I serviced my 08 with a G80. Not sure if it will aid any, but it's a good start.

It's likely just the G80 locking up when you spin the tires. The thud you likely often hear is it locking or unlocking.

Edited by dkjbama