Has anyone ever plastic dip the letters in you GMC badges?

I was thinking about painting ( using Plastic Dip) the letters instead of replacing the badges with black and chrome replacements that cost about $130.00.

Has anyone ever done something like that?

1 minute ago, chuckworkb said:

I was thinking about painting ( using Plastic Dip) the letters instead of replacing the badges with black and chrome replacements that cost about $130.00.

Has anyone ever done something like that?

I’ve played with that stuff and it’s pretty forgiving...worst that happens is you don’t like it and peel it off. I’m going to do my tow hooks once it warms up!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ScummyBadger said:

Clearly I did something wrong lol but the above picture is mine in white. Was super easy to do.

Looks great on the white...I’m gonna have to try that too!

• Like 1

It's a really easy thing to do. I like to take whatever I am spraying the best I can on the edges of the item (in my case the bowtie) spray it down with 3-4 light coats and let it dry completely and trace the outline of the taped edge with an exacto knife. Otherwise you need to be quick with the spraying and peel the excess off before it dries completely or you'll risk tearing where you don't want torn.

Edited by jaxcam02
  • Like 1

Plasti-dip is amazing stuff. I've used it quite a few times over the years. I usually do 4-5 light coats of the color I want, followed by 2-3 coats of clear plasti-dip. And, as others have stated, if you don't like it you're only out a few bucks. 

• Like 1