Bed lights

Good evening, I'm interested in adding in some bed lights and wanted to use the existing factory connector located under the truck near the spare tire.  Has anyone found a factory connector and used this to wire in some led light strips?  My goal is to use the existing cargo light button located inside the truck.  I have included a picture of the dummy plug that GM installed.

Thanks

20190210_170324.jpg

20190210_170319.jpg

There is a factory harness you can buy for about $40. There are two different ones tho, one for 2016 and older, and one for 2017 and newer. You can contact your dealership to order one, just tell them you want the harness without the lights. Next, decide if you want to cut the end off for your new lights, or if you are up to building the oem connectors. I found the place that makes the connectors for GM, and ordered the pieces. Was about $12 including the ridiculous shipping charge of $7.

20 hours ago, Luc Doucet said:

Sweet thanks, do you remember the name of the place that you bought the connector like from? Or a picture of it?

I made a post for someone else on another thread. It's got way more info then you requested, but it's easier for me to copy and paste once as opposed to typing it again. 
You will need a few things but they are all cheap and easy to put together. 
The website
https://www.mouser.com/m_Home.aspx

First the 2 clips, one for each side of the bed
571-1-1703498-2

Then you need 4 of these
571-967067-2

And 4 of these as well
571-1718758-1-LP

You strip the wire, put the water proof boot on, then the metal tab. Then you slide them into the plastic clip.

Check your polarity before hand by sticking the end of the lights into the wireing harness on the truck. Remember which side is red and connect the connector. Now you can disconnect and you will know where to put your wires.

Also, the metal pieces only go in one way, look into the clip ahead of time and you will see what I mean. After I had my ends together, I put a little soap on the rubber boots to make it slide in easier.

Thanks I looked into the parts needed to make my own and found that when you convert to canadian dollars, pay for shipping and import fees it's cheaper to buy the factory harness fron gm and cut the ends off to wire in some strip lights.