Tech 2 Scanner Help

I'm thinking of getting a scan tool for my 2012 Sierra.

Would be nice if it worked on the wife's 2007 Accord.

Any input on what to buy?

Would this do the job?

ã7% OffãGM Tech2 Diagnostic Scanner  with TIS2000 Software Full Package without Carrying Case

Sold here.

http://www.obd2eshop.com/wholesale/tech2-diagnostic-scanner-with-tis2000.html

:)

11 hours ago, diyer2 said:

Grumpy,

This tool seems to be more of a system to monitor mileage and performance.

I want to read and repair trouble codes , CEL's.

Reads code. Reads Pending code. Clears code. Reads data from the ECM like temperatures, pressures. BAR. Humidity. O2 readings. Load. Gear. AFM state. About the only thing it doesn't do is read tire pressures, at least on mine.  Plus mileage and performance.  I contacted Linear Logic when I put one in Pepper as I wanted some info from the PCM they didn't have addresses for. They sent me a data logger. I Sent it back. They sent me every address it could access. You can even get a piggy back graphing system for fuel monitoring. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear

13 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Reads code. Reads Pending code. Clears code. Reads data from the ECM like temperatures, pressures. BAR. Humidity. O2 readings. Load. Gear. AFM state. About the only thing it doesn't do is read tire pressures, at least on mine.  Plus mileage and performance.  I contacted Linear Logic when I put one in Pepper as I wanted some info from the PCM they didn't have addresses for. They sent me a data logger. I Sent it back. They sent me every address it could access. You can even get a piggy back graphing system for fuel monitoring. 

I saw that this tool did the things you say but convinced myself it was more of a monitor tool.

Thanks Grumpy.

The Tech2 is the best tool for GM for most all GM through 2009. 2010 started switching to GDS via computer/MDI interface. Trucks are good with Tech2 thru '13 for 1/2 ton and '14 for 3/4 ton. The main reason is it is bi-directional. You can turn evap solenoids on/off for example. Plus it works on abs, sir, entertainment and hvac. Tech2 is a no brainer for anybody with a GM vehicle on which it will work and has some mechanical/diagnostic abilities.  These $250-350 Tech2's are Chinese knock off's but for the average Joe it wold be absolutely fine.