Dash Light Dimmer Wheel

Just had my head unit replaced under warranty... it suffered a premature demise.

Covered under warranty. Dealer fixed it all.

I have one question, if someone were kind enough to check/respond.

Before the failure, during the day, when the automatic lighting system has the headlights OFF, i seem to recall that the dash lighting dimmer would still raise/lower the dashboard back lighting.

I also seem to recall that if one turned on the headlights by overriding the automatic mode and switching lights on manually (during the day), the head unit would go into night mode.

This is not the case after the head unit replacement. But, on the other hand, maybe it was that way before and my memory is bad.

Would someone be kind enough either confirm my memory, or dispel it? It would be very much appreciated.

6 hours ago, fbachman said:

Just had my head unit replaced under warranty... it suffered a premature demise.

Covered under warranty. Dealer fixed it all.

I have one question, if someone were kind enough to check/respond.

Before the failure, during the day, when the automatic lighting system has the headlights OFF, i seem to recall that the dash lighting dimmer would still raise/lower the dashboard back lighting.

I also seem to recall that if one turned on the headlights by overriding the automatic mode and switching lights on manually (during the day), the head unit would go into night mode.

This is not the case after the head unit replacement. But, on the other hand, maybe it was that way before and my memory is bad.

Would someone be kind enough either confirm my memory, or dispel it? It would be very much appreciated.

I know that the headlights, when switched manually during "light" hours does not switch the head unit into night mode. Night mode is still controlled by the sensor on the dash. I will have to check on the other question, never have tried to adjust the brightness when it is light out.