Hypertech speedometer calibration now available

Hypertech speedometer calibration unit is now available for our trucks. I had been keeping an eye out for products since I have a lift/larger tires getting installed in a few days, I've seen others ask about this as well so figured I'd post up since I didn't see anything else yet. 

It's an inline style so it connects in between one of your current plugs and remains in the vehicle. I haven't tried it out yet but will probably get one ordered up shortly. Oh, and if you're searching on their site, the new body style is the "1500", NOT the "1500 LD"

http://www.hypertech-inc.com/vehicle-results.aspx?AAIAID=510043

Edited by FirstAscent

• 5 months later...

I read about it on their website last night and it goes behind the dash on the T1 trucks, I don't think I'd want to remove the whole dash each time I had to go to the dealer, sounds like a lot of work.

Just my .02

7 hours ago, eppieguy said:

I read about it on their website last night and it goes behind the dash on the T1 trucks, I don't think I'd want to remove the whole dash each time I had to go to the dealer, sounds like a lot of work.

Just my .02

Plugs in just to the left of the brake pedal, there is no trim that needs to be removed. Dealers local to me are using them for the trucks they have lifted by shops since they have no way to calibrate them otherwise.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hueless said:

Plugs in just to the left of the brake pedal, there is no trim that needs to be removed. Dealers local to me are using them for the trucks they have lifted by shops since they have no way to calibrate them otherwise.

Good to know, I guess when they say behind the dash it's deceiving. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Rob41 said:

Has anybody in this forum installed one of these?  Just curious what all the people here with bigger tires have done.  Is everyone just living with the speedo being off by 5 mph?

So far I am (lol). Just haven’t pulled the trigger on it yet. Other stuff I wanna get before the calibration.  Maybe Christmas time lol 

So far I am (lol). Just haven’t pulled the trigger on it yet. Other stuff I wanna get before the calibration.  Maybe Christmas time lol 

Yup same for me, it will definitely get done, but for now other things take priority and I put up with the speedo being 5-7mph off at normal driving speeds

For those who have the hypertech in line speedometer calibration  how do you like it?  Where did you order it from? 

Im on hupertechs website and they have it priced at $230? 

Also so when you put your info in. It has a option. 5.3 V8 Gas (D) or 5.3 V8 Gas (F).  How do I know which one I am lol? 

If if I go with the (F) it doesn’t show a calibration available, but if I choose (D) it has one available. 

Sorry if if this is confusing

2C379C61-77F5-4353-98BE-13DAE674DA42.png

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, eppieguy said:

I have the Hypertech, super easy to use, I checked it against Waze and it's pretty much spot on.  

Nice. How does it work? Does it plug into the OBD port? I was thinking about getting amp steps too. And do you have to update this thing or program it with your laptop or something? (From what I was reading??)

You get a module in which plugs in to a hardness under the dash. You first plug the module in to your PC and answer the question about stock tires and new tire size, hit program, and you're done. It's not more than a 2 minute process. The harness is easily accessible under the dash and installing that will take less than 5 minutes and nothing needs to be dissembled. 

• Like 1