door handle button locks

• 2 years later...
On 10/28/2021 at 8:50 AM, obazsm said:

so have my truck in for this button problem. GMC is telling me that there is an antenna inside the door that

senses the fob, and that is what's wrong. They also said my drivers door window had been replaced since there was some shattered glass inside the door and whom ever replaced it did not replace an internal seal causing water to enter the door.

They think that's what caused the malfunction with the buttons on the driver's side. so they also have to order that seal but it's not covered under the warranty. Guess this is what happens when you buy a used vehicle (especially with low miles). Can't imagine that rain/water would have broken that antenna/feature in 13,400 miles!! When i pick the truck up i will question them more.

Do you know what they replaced besides the seal? I am having the same issue on my 2019 SLT where my driver-side buttons will not work but the passenger-side ones work perfectly.

On 8/26/2021 at 1:30 PM, obazsm said:

I'm having a similar issue with my 2020 Sierra HD Denali. The doors will lock/unlock on both passenger door buttons, but not on either driver side doors!! any thoughts? TIA

On mine it was the antenna inside the door. There was a bad seal which allowed the antenna to get wet causing it to malfunction. HTH